Home

Should bigs only get certain jumpshots?

This is a discussion on Should bigs only get certain jumpshots? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-12-2019, 08:45 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Should bigs only get certain jumpshots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
The green window itself should be the same millisecond length wise across the board though. Whether it hits at 550-555ms or 410-415ms, they should all be very very short windows. We have by far too many green releases in the game to where it's at the point that sharpshooters that are open do nothing but hit greens it feels like.

This is the point that I was trying to make earlier.
All shots (bases) should have the same size window and that window can grow depending on Shooting attributes/ratings.
Iím not sure that I was understood in my comment.
I donít know why that would mean that 2k would have to adjust bases daily.

Side note that I think is a similar issue with 2k.
I was watching an interview with an Ex-Madden developer and he stated that Madden, and I assume 2k as well, wonít spend the time to rework broken gameplay features because they canít market them and they would take too much time to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #10
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

Quote:
The green window itself should be the same millisecond length wise across the board though. Whether it hits at 550-555ms or 410-415ms, they should all be very very short windows. We have by far too many green releases in the game to where it's at the point that sharpshooters that are open do nothing but hit greens it feels like.
I was just thinking that. It should be a very small regardless of the base/form; I'd say anything past 510ms. The problem, though, might be using slower timed releases (instead of normal/quick) to help simplify the chance of landing on the window. Being able to max out your attributes and use badges to "surpass" 100 isn't going to help either. No player is perfect so that logic was ridiculous lol.

That's like saying if a maxed out shooter (100) can go to the gym w/a perfectly timed release, they can make the shot 1000/1000 times (and know it is before a shot is even taken lol).
In the same token, that's also saying the worst shooter (0), even with the best timing, will never make a shot.
That lacks complete realism. There's ALWAYS a possibility of making or missing a shot--depending on the shot of course. So 0 (in this case "25") or 100 should be unattainable.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimFast_GymRat
I was just thinking that. It should be a very small regardless of the base/form; I'd say anything past 510ms. The problem, though, might be using slower timed releases (instead of normal/quick) to help simplify the chance of landing on the window.

I donít think that it would be a problem because you would need more space and time to get the shot off uncontested.
The problem is greens being 100% makes and being able to green contested shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2019, 01:26 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
I was just thinking that. It should be a very small regardless of the base/form; I'd say anything past 510ms. The problem, though, might be using slower timed releases (instead of normal/quick) to help simplify the chance of landing on the window. Being able to max out your attributes and use badges to "surpass" 100 isn't going to help either. No player is perfect so that logic was ridiculous lol.

That's like saying if a maxed out shooter (100) can go to the gym w/a perfectly timed release, they can make the shot 1000/1000 times (and know it is before a shot is even taken lol).
In the same token, that's also saying the worst shooter (0), even with the best timing, will never make a shot.
That lacks complete realism. There's ALWAYS a possibility of making or missing a shot--depending on the shot of course. So 0 (in this case "25") or 100 should be unattainable.
Well I agree with you, I donít think green releases should be in the game at all, but if they are the window should be like 1ms for all jumpers ensuring it being rare.

The ratings come into play when a non green release are hit.

100 rating shouldnít equal 100% either, it should equate like 45%, with a 25 rating equating about a 10% chance to make a 3.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:28 AM   #13
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

Quote:
Well I agree with you, I donít think green releases should be in the game at all, but if they are the window should be like 1ms for all jumpers ensuring it being rare.

The ratings come into play when a non green release are hit.

100 rating shouldnít equal 100% either, it should equate like 45%, with a 25 rating equating about a 10% chance to make a 3.
That's true, assuming the paragon is Curry, Petrovic, Reddick, Korver, or Kerr-like (41-49%).
Maybe you could say 50% is the threshold that equates a 99 or 100.

I'm pretty sure 2KTV did a poll a few weeks ago and most believe openness (which is crazy) should translate to the best shot success, so shooting is getting elementary at this point.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:38 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
That's true, assuming the paragon is Curry, Petrovic, Reddick, Korver, or Kerr-like (41-49%).
Maybe you could say 50% is the threshold that equates a 99 or 100.

I'm pretty sure 2KTV did a poll a few weeks ago and most believe openness (which is crazy) should translate to the best shot success, so shooting is getting elementary at this point.
Iíd almost leave it at 45% and allow takeover to push someone to 50-55%
Old 05-13-2019, 07:49 AM   #15
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

I dont know exactly what to say about shooting.
I think attributes should matter more then a base of a jumpshot.
Its ridiculous how non shooting archetypes splashing all the 3s with a green animation.
I mean a pure sharp or strecth is supposed to be to hit his shots at a high level....

BUT the more important thing is ballhandling, speed, strength and all that stuff...
A pure sharp or stretch is made for catch and shoot and nothing more...
why they never loose a ball, why they can dribble like a playmaking guard?
Why they have a defensive stopper in their build?
These things makes me angry and not their bases for the jumpshot and their succes to hit 3s at a high level...

- Michael GOAT Jordan -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #16
Pro

This discussion has popped up a couple times over the last few years. I think Bigs should be able to access all bases but maybe 2k can adjust timing/speed of the bases to make it tad bit slower for them?

6'4 have access to Very Quick releases. Bigs release timing should be no quicker than Normal, maybe?

I think focus should be on ratings than a base but 2k never seems to get it right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »