Home

What are your expectations from NBA 2K next gen?

This is a discussion on What are your expectations from NBA 2K next gen? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 AM   #1
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
What are your expectations from NBA 2K next gen?

I was reading an article speculating about a possible PS5/XB4 reveal next year. It got me thinking about what I expect from my favorite franchises. I personally feel like NBA2K has pushed this gen to its limits. 2K19 has been my favorite iteration this gen. I just need these blocking and charging calls and I'm set. I have reach in maxed out to make up the difference for now. Still, it needs to get fixed.

MyLeague: My expectations are full feature parity coming in and immersion. Association was scrapped for ML/MGM which ended up being better. MyLeague is the most robust franchise experience outside of text sims and it ain't close. I want more but I'd rather they use these last few years tuning and cleaning up the bugs.

Gameplay: I think it's time for actual foot planting. I have my speed, acceleration and lateral quickness sliders lowered (41, I think) to better simulate foot planting and a methodical pace. It's just time for a proper foot planting engine. Plus, it would help out with online as I feel like games in PNO are played with the overall game speed lowered. That's fine, but explosive players like John Wall don't feel explosive off that first step. I also want passing to finally be addressed. The receiving player is still tethered to the ball; like Madden with wide receivers.

MYCareer. More 2k19 and less of whatever the hell 2K18 was supposed to be. I have enjoyed this years mode. I'm nearing the end of my 1st season with the Pistons and it's been fun whenever I jump into the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2018, 06:54 AM   #2
Banned

Re: What are your expectations from NBA 2K next gen?

Next gen I think they should introduce a whole new gameplay engine....I feel like they've simply plateaued with this current one

I’m also expecting most legacy issues to be fixed, and for their to be ZERO limitations when it comes to CAPs (I’m talking the ability to add tattoos, import faces via face photo, add face masks, mouth guards, eye wear...etc)
Old 11-28-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

2K's CAP has progressed nicely. I was looking at this RDR2 Online vid and noticed how the model aged (40 second mark) as the age went from 19 to 59. Its subtle, but noticeable. It's a little thing but I think it would go far and I'd expect to see it for next gen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S9_hHvBbKI
Old 11-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I was reading an article speculating about a possible PS5/XB4 reveal next year. It got me thinking about what I expect from my favorite franchises. I personally feel like NBA2K has pushed this gen to its limits. 2K19 has been my favorite iteration this gen. I just need these blocking and charging calls and I'm set. I have reach in maxed out to make up the difference for now. Still, it needs to get fixed.

MyLeague: My expectations are full feature parity coming in and immersion. Association was scrapped for ML/MGM which ended up being better. MyLeague is the most robust franchise experience outside of text sims and it ain't close. I want more but I'd rather they use these last few years tuning and cleaning up the bugs.

Gameplay: I think it's time for actual foot planting. I have my speed, acceleration and lateral quickness sliders lowered (41, I think) to better simulate foot planting and a methodical pace. It's just time for a proper foot planting engine. Plus, it would help out with online as I feel like games in PNO are played with the overall game speed lowered. That's fine, but explosive players like John Wall don't feel explosive off that first step. I also want passing to finally be addressed. The receiving player is still tethered to the ball; like Madden with wide receivers.

MYCareer. More 2k19 and less of whatever the hell 2K18 was supposed to be. I have enjoyed this years mode. I'm nearing the end of my 1st season with the Pistons and it's been fun whenever I jump into the mode.
for being released yearly, i keep my expectations quite low. Aside from a few gameplay tweaks, and the VC, I really don't expect anything anymore other than minor improvements. I miss my real funn offline modes like Jordan Challenge and the Road of Lebron ETC... I want it to just be fun again and when they stop focusing on pushing you to spend real money to enjoy the game. I want the presentation to be better. Its' been stagnant since NBA 2k14 and has not gotten better. We don't even have player highlight reels we can make and save anymore. More stat screens, more in season stats, star matchups during big games, more emotion, bring back custom soundtracks, and make online more user friendly and bring back lobbies.

2k got a big head in the last 5 years and it shows in it's current state. I don't want them become Madden of basketball, they need to give love back to the fans like they used to back on the ps3 and 360 days, not to themselves!
Old 11-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Expect? Or hope for?

I hope we get proper footplanting and momentum, along with realistic physics. I hope we get smoother movement and transitions between animations, to the point where guys don't go from walking to full speed back to walking in jerky animations. I hope we get more responsive controls. I hope the AI is more humanlike in their reactions, rather than responding to button inputs and being able to see things they're not looking at.

I hope we get real broadcast presentation; it's time to do away with the 2K Sports Network. I hope we get proper halftime and postgame shows. I hope we get new commentators; I am burnt out after over a decade of Kevin Harlan, who doesn't sound like he's calling a live game in 2K.

But what do I expect? Honestly, I expect maybe a slight bump in graphics and some gimmicks like the neighborhood to be added. They're making too much money for them to deviate from what they've been doing for the last 10 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 01:17 PM   #6
Pro

Complete reworking of the defensive player movement system. The players should have to face the opposite baseline the majority of the time. It also time for the defense to react quickrr to the ball and the position of the ball. No more tags from the strong side in pick and roll coverage. No more retreating to guard your man on passes to the pain cause youre not designated as the help defender.

Give us some semblance of transition D. Its overdue

Also incorporate angles into the onball defense mechanics. If its not a hip ride animation then the defenders face the baseline.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
Rookie

overall more lifelike

players
crowd
physics
arenas
lighting & colors

you know

the things that SHOULD & CAN be implemented on this gen

I feel conned when I buy a game like 2k for 79.99 & a game like RDR2 for the same price, especially when it's such a subtle improvement (in some areas)
Old 11-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

I don't know... we know what current gen is capable of

we shouldnt let 2k off the hook for another 2 years until a new system is released

even tho every new title on this current gen until next will just be the same with slight tweaks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »