Home

NBA 2K rut

This is a discussion on NBA 2K rut within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K rut

I'm in a huge rut will this game right now... I can't seem to do well at all with this game at this point... Looking for tips on how to break out of this rut
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K rut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsman92
I'm in a huge rut will this game right now... I can't seem to do well at all with this game at this point... Looking for tips on how to break out of this rut
I aced My Team and My Player so I'm done.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Just keep playing my man
Old 05-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #4
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Play some exhibition games with all time teams, just for fun, or step away for a few days and come in fresh.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsman92
I play NBA 2k12 and 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
Rookie

idk if i’m in a rut but it seems i can’t do anything like a couple months ago. speaking for my player, my shot timing sucks now, whether it’s a wide open set shot or a fading shot, my timing just sucks now. idk if they buffed my created shot like they always do under the table but i have no confidence in shooting anymore.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:14 PM   #7
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Just keep playing more and you'll get an idea of what is working and what isn't in terms of strategy and your style of play.

Earlier in the year I really struggled going against the All-Star AI and became frustrated, but now I am able to regularly win on Superstar. For me, I just needed to take advantage of potential mismatches, utilize the pick n' roll more, and occasionally call some plays. I also started playing on-ball d more to get better at contesting, which has really helped.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I fell off when Red Dead Redemption came out and each time I come back, I find myself not having a lot of fun with the gameplay. I can win handily on the difficulty level that best suits me but it's a weird kind of winning. Feels like there's a lot of basketball things that should be easier to do in the game that I just can't seem to make happen, primarily on account of the one-on-one computer defense. As such, I resort to winning by using survival tactics (aka things I've found work best in the 2K world, sometimes contrary to the basketball world).

As a single player guy, I've frequently had the feeling over the past few years that my gameplay experience has been getting nerfed and ill-adjusted for the sake of the online community. I understand it, but it's a bummer.

I'm hoping for some positive change in terms of offensive weaponry, the ability to elude, and figuring out some kind of more realistic balance between brick wall defense and effective help defense, because I loved the classic team and create-a-player set up this year. It'd be nice to get out there on the court and bask in that stuff more readily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »