Home

Playable Female characters and NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Playable Female characters and NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

By now we have seen the tweets from the WNBA players about being in the next 2K.In my own speculation,I don't think 2K will deliver any WNBA teams next year. I don't think it would be that big of a deal if they are not included but I prefer if they were included.

I think 2K is going to have a few WNBA players scanned into the game so that they can have a face for their online accounts.
If we are lucky maybe they will even show up in a mycareer cutscene but I don't think we are really getting playable female characters for NBA 2K20 outside of modding.

At this point NBA Live has already done it so it isn't groundbreaking to include WNBA in some form.
Last year were told G-league was back in the game and look how that turned out. Still, I understand it takes multiple years to get something like G-League integrated properly but the marketing got the best of us when they advertised the addition of G-League.

Also 2K had youtubers get scanned and tweet out their cyber faces but you couldn't play as them, you couldn't unlock them, they were not even in the free agency pool. I think that is how it will be with the female face scans.

I'm on the PC platform so I found some of the female faces that are already in the game. Currently, they are not usable for game play.

I want to know if you guys think 2K will actually have playable female characters in the game. I'm just basing my expectations off of past experience with 2K.

About the author of this thread:

Twitter: @TGsoGood
Youtube: The Goods on Youtube ( TGsoGood )
Steam: TGsoGood
NLSC: TGsoGood
OperationSports: TGsoGood
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Playable Female characters and NBA 2K

People abuse it tho by making 7 foot behemoth women. Haha. Nobody wants to get into the male v female sports argument so it's just an anesthetic. It would be cool to see some girls who had girl like games in 2k. It's not unbelievable to me to have a girl that can dunk alil, or a girl who is as wet as curry, etc, but people making girls who are 6'9 with 40 inch verts, it kind of becomes a joke.

I've played plenty of L*ve and only seen a few people who have legit builds that is even semi realistic. The most common girl is the tall shot blocker. It becomes a troll. If they do it, they should do It right.

-Smak
Old 06-12-2019, 04:30 AM   #3
MVP

I never understand why people want realistic female builds (if they come), but are OK with the unrealistic male builds. Or maybe they are not ok with either.

It's just kind of weird that any talk about females being in the game will always yield a response about females not dunking or making them play "realistically" .
Old 06-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

any examples of an unrealistic male build?
Old 06-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
any examples of an unrealistic male build?

Any build. Lol
This game is all unrealistic, but I know what you mean.
Females don’t play ball the same way males play ball. Females aren’t as athletic, fast, strong, they have no hang time, etc...
I’m not trying to knock any female players, but if you take the best WNBA team and put them against the worst NBA team, you will see the huge difference in skill and athleticism.
I know that may sound sexist, but it’s simply facts.
That being said, I’d prefer, if they’re going to have the WNBA in the game for it to be realistic to female basketball and skills. However, if female MyPlayers are going to be used for online play, then it should simply be for cosmetics and everything else should be equal across the board for fairness sake.
I know there are tons of females that play 2k, so they should, at least, be able to make their MyPlayer a female.
I mean, let’s be honest, no one that plays this game is as good IRL as what their MyPlayer is in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by awg811; 06-12-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
I never understand why people want realistic female builds (if they come), but are OK with the unrealistic male builds. Or maybe they are not ok with either.

It's just kind of weird that any talk about females being in the game will always yield a response about females not dunking or making them play "realistically" .

Just not being 7'2 shot blocking dunkers is something. I think they should be balanced against the men obviously. But it just as I said becomes a troll to see everyone roll a 7'2 big woman because they can, because they know that's a joke.

They can be unrealistically good just like the males, just be different. Otherwise eh. And yea who would wanna play an wnba mode with all the wnba players and be... A 7'2 rim protector.

Like they got wnba players in the other game and they show up in live run and ball out. Maya Moore will block your dunks haha. So it's not about making women inferior. Just making it realistic. If you start from realism then you can make them unrealistically good.

But whatever. I was watching wnba, and it's a lot more exciting than I remember. Hey they could make female only parks and pro am for people who wanna play Sim female ball (speaking of something people may want that prejudice might not let them have), and then somehow find a way to balance them for people who wanna play yuge women in normal parks.

I know id roll a girl and play in the wnba pro am or w e. It would probably be less garbage without 7'3 centers.

Edit: in summary who might want a realistic female build... A female basketball player. A wnba fan, etc.

-Smak
Old 06-12-2019, 08:18 PM   #7
MVP

Ok your take is a good one. You really did mean realistic playstyles. I hadn't even considered female pro am or parks

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #8
Pro

All females should get +5 to their 3-point shot lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »