Home

Is there some secret special way to move to receive a pass after setting a screen?!

This is a discussion on Is there some secret special way to move to receive a pass after setting a screen?! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2019, 02:04 AM   #1
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
Is there some secret special way to move to receive a pass after setting a screen?!

In myplayer mode im setting a screen with my PF for my PG at the top of the key. I then press A to make the CPU pass back to me since im usually open. But the way my player receives the pass is literally different every single time. Sometimes i lunge forward for it (for no conceivable reason), sometimes it automatically makes me dart out to the left/right 4-5 feet and then receive it, sometimes it just comes right to me, etc.

Am I doing something that is causing the CPU to pass strangely or something? All I am doing is moving my player and then pressing A after setting the screen. It's so damn annoying.

Also while on the topic....what is with the CPU in mycareer hardly ever following the actual play? For exmaple CUT 15 HORNS ALLEY. PG is at the top of the key and the PF/C comes from the left/right elbow to set the screen then the PG runs around and the PF/C fades back to where the PG started. When you go into practice plays its run perfectly every time. In a game sometimes the CPU PG wont go to the right spot. They come right next to me or around me/behind me but not to the top of the key. This game is so ****in trash sometimes lmao
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there some secret special way to move to receive a pass after setting a screen

If you are talking about calling plays to get a pass into the post, then if you don't allow the AI to pass you the ball naturally the player that is supposed to inlet to you will come up and double team you until you let THEM give you the ball.

Its been a while since I played mycareer so YMMV, but if you want your ai teammates to space out for the play you have to let the AI run it... or call iso when you get the ball, but then usually a teammate will run to the logo and allow a 4v5 posession...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »