Home

As of today onball defense is in a realistic spot.

This is a discussion on As of today onball defense is in a realistic spot. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 06-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
As of today onball defense is in a realistic spot.

Shooting on this game is unrealistic, and the lack of a live ball is a killer. However, the ability to drive past poor defenders and stop poor ballhandlers is in a good spot. If they just make speed and accelerateation matter more the dribble, drive game would be A plus. Still think the bigs move to fast on the perimeter.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
Pro

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: As of today onball defense is in a realistic spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Shooting on this game is unrealistic, and the lack of a live ball is a killer. However, the ability to drive past poor defenders and stop poor ballhandlers is in a good spot. If they just make speed and accelerateation matter more the dribble, drive game would be A plus. Still think the bigs move to fast on the perimeter.
2k probably improve on that thing in NBA 2k20 but we will see
Old 06-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
I would also add making strength matter more as well.Someone like Giannis isn't going to be utterly stonewalled by a smaller dude without much strength or size on the drive.

On the flip side, a dude like Ewing might not have been the fleetest of foot, but if he does manage to legitimately get in front of a small guy he's not just getting scooted out of the way so the dude can finish.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #4
Pro

I agree with OP and now I think the games next step is that game should improved from the aspect of shifting the defender off balance in a small amount of space. Think to the Kemba Walker step back jumper in the Big East tourney. The game needs to allow those “microsteps” and actually make every inch on the court count when dribbling the ball
Old 06-16-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I would also add making strength matter more as well.Someone like Giannis isn't going to be utterly stonewalled by a smaller dude without much strength or size on the drive.

On the flip side, a dude like Ewing might not have been the fleetest of foot, but if he does manage to legitimately get in front of a small guy he's not just getting scooted out of the way so the dude can finish.
I would disagree somewhat. Cousins is extremely strong, yet Van Fleet and Lowry drove by him all day. I do not think that strength without speed should matter on preventing penetration. Post def it should. Getting knocked out of the way it should. But not stopping penetration. Imo.

Settings I play on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
I would disagree somewhat. Cousins is extremely strong, yet Van Fleet and Lowry drove by him all day. I do not think that strength without speed should matter on preventing penetration. Post def it should. Getting knocked out of the way it should. But not stopping penetration. Imo.
For sure, to clarify I am talking about that deal where the defender is already in the right spot to make a good defensive play then the game just slides them out of the way.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

www.Coach2K.com's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I always think this is the best time of year to play 2k. All the patches are out. Custom rosters are completed. Sets of sliders have been tested.

Shooting too good or not good enough?

Also, how do you feel about the rest of the game now that it's been out all year?

Check out my fictional MyLeague series by clicking here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #8
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I always think this is the best time of year to play 2k. All the patches are out. Custom rosters are completed. Sets of sliders have been tested.

Shooting too good or not good enough?

Also, how do you feel about the rest of the game now that it's been out all year?
Shooting is to accurate. Before today I thought 19 was the worst next gen. But adjusting the speed and acceleration thresholds may change all that.

Settings I play on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »