Home

Speed and acceleration sliders unlock the game

This is a discussion on Speed and acceleration sliders unlock the game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Speed and acceleration sliders unlock the game

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying this little tweak.

While it's certainly not a cure all, I'm starting to feel like quite a few of the common issues that frustrate us isn't so much a failing of the engine itself that needs to be patched, as much as it is bad default slider tuning.

AFAIK, the default difficulty sliders have not changed much for several years.It might be time for some thorough slider re-tuning and playtesting by 2K.

Even if they don't want to fully abandon the default sliders,I think nailing down some solid realism based sliders and finding a way to incorporate them into both online and offline play would only be good for the game.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 06-19-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #34
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Btw forgot to add that I have it set to 80/20, but I also have all speed/acceleration without ball(min) sliders set to 1. So slower guys and big men will move around at a more realistic pace without the ball and fast guys will be able to burn them off the quick first step or on fast breaks.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #35
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I have to make a mental note to remember this for NBA 2K20. That Pistons-Hawks video was beautiful.
Thanks. I may do a few of these 99/1 vids. As I play more games under those conditions.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #36
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying this little tweak.

While it's certainly not a cure all, I'm starting to feel like quite a few of the common issues that frustrate us isn't so much a failing of the engine itself that needs to be patched, as much as it is bad default slider tuning.

AFAIK, the default difficulty sliders have not changed much for several years.It might be time for some thorough slider re-tuning and playtesting by 2K.

Even if they don't want to fully abandon the default sliders,I think nailing down some solid realism based sliders and finding a way to incorporate them into both online and offline play would only be good for the game.
Yh that would be cool. Some things they can definitely address with simple slider adjustments, but other things are core issues. Like players sliding, for example. I long for the day when they have players using actual footplanting so guys can't slide over on contest or slide you out of the way using post moves under the basket.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #37
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Thanks. I may do a few of these 99/1 vids. As I play more games under those conditions.
Last nite I tried again with game speed at 40. I noticed Nurkic's dribbling movement in the paint kinda slowed down, but it looks floaty. I managed 2 block shots with Kuzma at PF. Lol
The biggest difference I notice was the scoreboard - I had 125 points for 11 min per quarter game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh that would be cool. Some things they can definitely address with simple slider adjustments, but other things are core issues. Like players sliding, for example. I long for the day when they have players using actual footplanting so guys can't slide over on contest or slide you out of the way using post moves under the basket.
Well said man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2019, 11:39 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I agree 100%.I'd like to see 2K revisit the sliders and see how many of the current problems can be eliminated or at least reduced via better tunings. I think once you've done that, then you know whatever issues are still left are what needs to be tweaked via patches,etc.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:44 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Last nite I tried again with game speed at 40. I noticed Nurkic's dribbling movement in the paint kinda slowed down, but it looks floaty. I managed 2 block shots with Kuzma at PF. Lol
The biggest difference I notice was the scoreboard - I had 125 points for 11 min per quarter game.
125 is a little high, were there alot of Field Goal Attempts, or were they just making shooting at a high percentage?
Old 06-19-2019, 11:54 PM   #40
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
125 is a little high, were there alot of Field Goal Attempts, or were they just making shooting at a high percentage?

I played with custom roster designed to boost cpu 3pt attempts at All Star default with 99/1 adjustment. Prior to that i'm averaging 100 to 110 at game speed 53 with all default setting at AS.
I scored 125 with lakers, running mainly punch, fists and handoff plays with custom playbook. Attempted 20+ 3pt. On the other hand, the cpu blazers attempted 40+ 3pt but overall scored ... 20 points lesser.
I'm trying out HOF tonite and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »