Home

CPU doesn't shoot enough free throws

This is a discussion on CPU doesn't shoot enough free throws within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2019, 04:48 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: CPU doesn't shoot enough free throws

Has anyone used the play physical setting in the timeout menu to try to get more fouls called against your team?
Old 07-07-2019, 06:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
Has anyone used the play physical setting in the timeout menu to try to get more fouls called against your team?

Yeah also lowering user help defense and raising cpu back door cuts results in more layup opportunities which leads to more fouls
Old 07-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #11
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

OVR: 0

2K has been failing at this for years. I guess they do it on purpose, so games are more dynamic. However, the realistic side of the game is lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Nope, there is no way to really fix this on the user side. I hold out hope every year that they'll more effectively implement off ball fouls.

*Jostling for position in the post
*The perimeter contact(blocking fouls) that they used to have circa 2K7-9
*A higher frequency of the fouls regarding screens(Slower big men not moving their feet while hedging, defenders trying to get around/through them, Screeners setting hard screens etc...)

These are things that you see at least 10-12 times per game in the NBA but for some reason they're just not there. I actually expected this when they went to the 'Simulation' sliders a few years ago but I guess it's not that important *shrug*

The NBA average is somewhere around 20 fouls per team, I would love to see all of these things added throughout ALL modes so that we could get closer to those numbers, but sadly, I don't expect them anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
2K has been failing at this for years. I guess they do it on purpose, so games are more dynamic. However, the realistic side of the game is lacking.
Yeah, this is what I think too, it's like with penalties in Madden. They know that most players want basically every play to be a high leverage moment so the development teams have fouls/penalties tuned very low on default. In Madden you can use the sliders to get most penalties to a reasonable level of occurrence, but with 2K, even with the sliders you can't tune the fouls mimic the NBA in terms of realistic numbers.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #13
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

definitely not going to be fixed this year. 16 had flagrant fouls which I Never see anymore, and they looked awesome when a guy like Draymond Green would closeline and guy and throw him to the floor. I'd like to know what happened to that? But the fouls need to be addressed for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »