Home

Once again, break starter badge is ruining Pro-Am

This is a discussion on Once again, break starter badge is ruining Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Once again, break starter badge is ruining Pro-Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
why do you guys get on here and defend what’s obviously cheating?

when me and my boys play and we see people leaking out after a shot, even if we get back the passes are still accurate! then when you try to steal it you can be in good position to get the steal but the offensive player somehow still gets it in perfect position to score or get fouled. stop defending this madness, it’s ridiculous.
How is it cheating?! You just said the counter to cherry pickers. GET BACK ON DEFENSE. The fact that you're playing with what seems to be a squad and still complaining is kinda crazy lol. Whoever is playing on the wing or at the top of the key should be getting back the minute the shots goes up unless their center is in great position to get a rebound. Any player with decent IQ knows not to gamble on the steal when hail mary's are being thrown. Sometimes you can deflect the pass or get a steal but it's best to get in position to contest the jumper or lay up when the opposing players goes up.

I will say passes are too accurate this year and break starter could use a nerf but let's not act like it can't be stopped or contained.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
How is it cheating?! You just said the counter to cherry pickers. GET BACK ON DEFENSE. The fact that you're playing with what seems to be a squad and still complaining is kinda crazy lol. Whoever is playing on the wing or at the top of the key should be getting back the minute the shots goes up unless their center is in great position to get a rebound. Any player with decent IQ knows not to gamble on the steal when hail mary's are being thrown. Sometimes you can deflect the pass or get a steal but it's best to get in position to contest the jumper or lay up when the opposing players goes up.

I will say passes are too accurate this year and break starter could use a nerf but let's not act like it can't be stopped or contained.
Ok so what you're saying is you need a team that communicates and has IQ, so basically a squad, to beat literally any big man throwing bombs all game? Doesn't sound broken at all.

You can have IQ all day but unless the SF or SG or whoever rotated to the top on offense has the IQ as well to see as soon as the ball is released to get back you won't make it in time against people leaking out.

For some reason I feel like you either play a big, or a lockdown/slasher and that's how you get 95% of your buckets.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:10 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Ok so what you're saying is you need a team that communicates and has IQ, so basically a squad, to beat literally any big man throwing bombs all game? Doesn't sound broken at all.

You can have IQ all day but unless the SF or SG or whoever rotated to the top on offense has the IQ as well to see as soon as the ball is released to get back you won't make it in time against people leaking out.

For some reason I feel like you either play a big, or a lockdown/slasher and that's how you get 95% of your buckets.
Sounds like the guy I was responding to and his buddies just suck at getting back on defense. You don't need a squad to beat Break Starter. I go into JRC 2 deep. Me and my homie have 75% and 80% win percentages doing so. PRO-AM was mentioned so I assume people are running with a legitimate squad correct? Folks should have no issue preventing the fast break.

Your analysis is wrong. I don't play big, I rarely bring my lockdown out, and I've never even thought of making a slasher. Furthermore if I was playing Big Man how could I get buckets on the fast break anyway? Lol Make it make sense dude.

Last edited by Korrupted; 06-28-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #12
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

I think its funny how some people are putting the burden on the offense to get back on defense every time and not go for offensive boards. But no type of burden is placed on the people throwing full court heaves to make better passes. It's eerily similar to the people who say stuff like "You don't want me to make every shot, just be in my jersey every time."

Rather than discussing how the people throwing long bombs should have to be facing the player they are passing too, or players fastbreaking every time should lose more stamina then they currently do, or the fact that people can play 2-3 zone unrealistically succesfully which allows the defense to be up top to fastbreak every time, we are once again back to "the defense needs to be near perfect" while the people throwing long bombs can be braindead.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
I think its funny how some people are putting the burden on the offense to get back on defense every time and not go for offensive boards. But no type of burden is placed on the people throwing full court heaves to make better passes. It's eerily similar to the people who say stuff like "You don't want me to make every shot, just be in my jersey every time."

Rather than discussing how the people throwing long bombs should have to be facing the player they are passing too, or players fastbreaking every time should lose more stamina then they currently do, or the fact that people can play 2-3 zone unrealistically succesfully which allows the defense to be up top to fastbreak every time, we are once again back to "the defense needs to be near perfect" while the people throwing long bombs can be braindead.
People have asked Devs to nerf Break Starter and long bomb passes for years. 2k just can't get it right balance wise. This argument has come up quite a few times so let's not act like people are against a fix of unrealistic passes. 2k hasn't fixed major issues in the game all year so at this point what good is it to complain about it?

Cherry Picking has been going on for so long people should know how to defend it by now. If you don't then that's a problem. Regardless of what defense somebody plays you're still capable of getting back to prevent the fast break. It baffles me how people lose to the same trends every single year.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
People have asked Devs to nerf Break Starter and long bomb passes for years. 2k just can't get it right balance wise. This argument has come up quite a few times so let's not act like people are against a fix of unrealistic passes. 2k hasn't fixed major issues in the game all year so at this point what good is it to complain about it?

Cherry Picking has been going on for so long people should know how to defend it by now. If you don't then that's a problem. Regardless of what defense somebody plays you're still capable of getting back to prevent the fast break. It baffles me how people lose to the same trends every single year.
the crazy part is, when my squad plays against them, we usually win in a close game or lose in a close game lol so losing or winning is not the problem on my side. it’s just the fact that the try hards use these cheesy tactics to win by all means i guess. and cherry picking and long bombs wasn’t as bad last year, it was manageable to defend! i don’t even recall people playing zone defense last year tbh.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #15
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

I agree with your first paragraph. And I am not saying its indefensible, by the way. To me the solutions seem relatively simple. The only justification I can see for 2k to keep these passes the way they are, are the casual players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #16
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

You can pick those passes off pretty easy this year .

Or just give the receiver a slight bump .

You can apply ball pressure to the rebounder too which can lead to a more inaccurate pass . Also gives the defense more time to recover .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »