Home

Once again, break starter badge is ruining Pro-Am

This is a discussion on Once again, break starter badge is ruining Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 06-26-2019, 09:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Once again, break starter badge is ruining Pro-Am

Why oh why does it seem like every other year we have to deal with rebound and before a big man's feet are even touching the ground they spam L1+R1 and wipe the ball 80 feet on the money to someone leaking out?

There is a reason the full court pass is pretty spectacular in the NBA, because the degree of difficult is pretty high to hit someone in stride, on the money, from 80-90 feet away.

Solution in my opinion isn't to go to the canned animations that forced terrible pass after terrible pass that went directly out of bounds. Why not have passes that lead someone away from the basket as if it wasn't perfectly on line, passes that are a little short and result in you having to slow down to gain control of the pass, etc.

Now obviously not every pass would result in that, but every single full court pass shouldn't always be perfectly on the money as it is these days.

I feel as if a lot of games in the JRC teams rely on these passes for 50% or more of their points, and yes you can get back on defense, but when they play a zone with two lockdowns at the top it makes it awfully difficult.

I'd be more content with an openness rating on the pass, if someone is wide open and the passer is wide open I'd make the assumption that they probably could make the pass, but the passes hitting someone in stride with people right next to them isn't as easy as this game makes it look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 02:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Once again, break starter badge is ruining Pro-Am

It doesnt break the game. Its all user error. Time after time i see countless threads like this when it comes down to USER ERROR. There is a reason why theres a FRONTCOURT (PG/SG) and BACKCOURT (PF/C). The frontcourt are the ones that are supposed to get back first on defense. But 90% of 2K players dont realize this simple thing and just look for something else to blame.

You can even go play against computer AI and they ALWAYS get back on defense because they play the proper way.

Im not gonna lie but my Center actually has HOF break starter and i do those kind of passes everytime but how is that my fault when the opposing backcourt doesnt get back on defense all the time?? Should i just wait for the defense to get back instead and fullcourt pass it??

I even made a PG Play/sharp to see if other players do it but i dont allow it to happen because I am the first one back. Another thing is people dont know when to turbo and when not to turbo. If you’re just jogging back on defense and the opponent is using turbo then obviously your gonna get beat. Its pretty much common sense.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
It doesnt break the game. Its all user error. Time after time i see countless threads like this when it comes down to USER ERROR. There is a reason why theres a FRONTCOURT (PG/SG) and BACKCOURT (PF/C). The frontcourt are the ones that are supposed to get back first on defense. But 90% of 2K players dont realize this simple thing and just look for something else to blame.

You can even go play against computer AI and they ALWAYS get back on defense because they play the proper way.

Im not gonna lie but my Center actually has HOF break starter and i do those kind of passes everytime but how is that my fault when the opposing backcourt doesnt get back on defense all the time?? Should i just wait for the defense to get back instead and fullcourt pass it??

I even made a PG Play/sharp to see if other players do it but i dont allow it to happen because I am the first one back. Another thing is people dont know when to turbo and when not to turbo. If you’re just jogging back on defense and the opponent is using turbo then obviously your gonna get beat. Its pretty much common sense.
you went off on a tangent. His point is those long passes shouldnt be as accurate as they are on 2k. Every big is kevin love/lebron on here with full court passes.

Its to the point where many dont even grab a board and give it to a guard theyd rather bomb it 80 feet right into a players hands lmao.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

why do you guys get on here and defend what’s obviously cheating?

when me and my boys play and we see people leaking out after a shot, even if we get back the passes are still accurate! then when you try to steal it you can be in good position to get the steal but the offensive player somehow still gets it in perfect position to score or get fouled. stop defending this madness, it’s ridiculous.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
Pro

I have a Two-way Post Scoring PF and I can get a rebound and with my back to the other basket throw it full court on the money for an assist nearly every time, even if the other team gets back on defense. All I need is a sliver of space for it to be complete.
It’s definitely OP! This is coming from someone that benefits from it on the regular.
No big, or any other player for that matter, gets 5 or 6 assists per game from full court passes in real basketball. Especially with their back turned to the basket.
You can make this pass while someone is in your face riding you upcourt to a man that is well defended turboing to the basket.
There’s almost nothing in this game that isn’t OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:

lmao, so when the other team is in Zone and their SG/SF are on the top they don't follow their man of course right?

So either 100% of your team needs to play perfect and if they are rotating around the 3 point line they have to be perfectly aware that they are 1 of 2 people in position to get back, and never make a mistake (or go for the offensive board) compared to the SG/SF that are holding R2 as soon as the shot leaves someones hands and are off to the races.

You say the PG/SG should be getting back, but tell me how a PG from the corner is going to catch up to and stop a SF that is on a wing/top that has 1 thing in mind of "hold R2 and gun it down to me".

In theory your idea works in real life because few Centers are going to snag the rebound and throw an 80 ft pass perfectly. Almost none will do it as their feet hit the ground coming down from the rebound.

The way the game currently is, the C doesn't even have to be looking down court to make a perfect pass, it's a rebound and a spinning chuck on the money.

edit: I play PG a lot and when I notice teams doing this I have to 100% sell out and pre position myself at the top, usually when I pass it and it looks like a good look for a shooter I am walking back already putting myself behind or at the half court line before the shot is up to even try to defend this, the problem occurs when there are 2 sometimes 3 people on the break every single play and Tom Brady getting boards.

Last edited by Chemthethriller; 06-27-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:42 AM   #7
Rookie

Time and time again, if its not one thing lets blame another. Lets not blame user error/IQ but instead lets blame the player. At the end of the day, its a video game. It still amazes me why people even try to bring ‘real life’ situations into a VIDEO GAME. You should all know better by now. Lets not complain about this back in October but lets complain about it now.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #8
Rookie

I’m a full time Center who gets plenty of triple doubles from throwing Hail Marys all game. It’s totally corny. Anyone who says differently has blinders on. I’ve actually been called a bum for waiting for my screen to finish spinning before throwing my bomb. They did add some bobbled catch animations this year and the heightened passing lane steals have made it somewhat less effective than previous years. It’s still OP though.

I don’t know what the solution is. Some years they just randomly made a lot of passes over half miss entirely. This was annoying though because you’d miss passes just across half with no traffic and then nail full court lobs surrounded by bodies. You would think there should be some way to tune the accuracy of the pass based on the passing stat of the player as well as the traffic surrounding both the passer and receiver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »