Home

Why can't I shoot well in the park

This is a discussion on Why can't I shoot well in the park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6
Why can't I shoot well in the park

Need some help/advice guys.
I always make my player at least a partial sharpshooter and yet these past 2 2k's I am not able to be a lights out shooter in the park.
Back on 17 I found a good custom release and if I was open it was going in, but no matter which release I try I am so inconsistent on open jumpers. And it is super frustrating when EVERY player I play against regardless of their archetype shoots 90% from behind the arc if they are even slightly open. Are they really in the matrix and can hit that 1 millisecond window to green everything? Or is there some secret that everyone but me knows about to never miss shots?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why can't I shoot well in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
I always make my player at least a partial sharpshooter and yet these past 2 2k's I am not able to be a lights out shooter in the park.
Back on 17 I found a good custom release and if I was open it was going in, but no matter which release I try I am so inconsistent on open jumpers. And it is super frustrating when EVERY player I play against regardless of their archetype shoots 90% from behind the arc if they are even slightly open. Are they really in the matrix and can hit that 1 millisecond window to green everything? Or is there some secret that everyone but me knows about to never miss shots?
Unfortunately the most successful bases and theirs not many most people use the same ones.

Base 11, Base 49, LaMarcus Aldridge & Set Shot 13 & Base 24 for locks and bigs.

It makes the game pretty boring seeing everyone with the same shot.

You have to get the right base as releases dont really matter.

In Park depending on the latency for that time you may have to adjust the timing of your jumpshot to release it earlier or later.

Also most people have different jumpsuits for different modes online because the latency varies between each mode.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
One word bro. Latency
Old 07-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #4
Rookie

This has been a problem for me too. I even checked other websites for the best shot releases but they still doesn't work that well in the park. Don't know what's happening there.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

latency has been pretty bad for me lately, some games my shot meter is fast and i release late, other games shot meter is slow and i release super early. hard to be a consistent shooter with latency as bad as it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »