Home

Are 2K paying attention to offline players?

This is a discussion on Are 2K paying attention to offline players? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2019, 05:54 PM   #9
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Are 2K paying attention to offline players?

Sure they do.

Always have.

Always will.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #10
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

OVR: 0

For the guys who play offline. How do you play so that you don’t get bored when playing against the cpu? For some reason when I play offline, I get bored from the cpu. But playing online can also be a pain because of your opponent using exploits.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Tercero
For the guys who play offline. How do you play so that you don’t get bored when playing against the cpu? For some reason when I play offline, I get bored from the cpu.

We use sliders and call plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2019, 09:43 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I strictly play offline, and as others have mentioned, it's a really good experience. It's not perfect, but considering all the control they give you with MyLeague for example, you would have to expect a few issues here and there. In my opinion it is by far the most expansive franchise mode out there. You literally have control over everything. It's unfortunate that when you hear people say "2K is trash", the offline modes get lumped into that. What they really mean when they say that is "MyCareer/MyPark or other online modes are trash".
Old 06-30-2019, 06:17 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barata
Do you guys have any tips about what settings (difficulty, sliders etc) should I use? Because I'm a offline only player and this game frustrates me too much. I tried playing on default Superstar and HOF and there's always a quarter in which either me or the CPU (or both) goes crazy shooting 70-80%. I tried different sliders and it doesn't seem to fix this. The game always seems to be too easy or too hard for me.
Up the consistency sliders to like 70+ for both cpu and user. The game still has runs, but way less cheesy. The base sliders are way too predictable. You always know when the cpu is gonna be unstoppable. I don’t think the 2k developers really know real basketball.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #14
Rookie

soamazen23's Arena

Short answer... no
Old 07-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #15
Rookie

Of course they dont. Thats why the shut the servers down after 2 years. Even Madden doesnt do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #16
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd like to say yes. But there are some lingering MyLeague issues that are still around that makes you wonder. The generated draft classes not being good, euro-stash and G-League players progressing at a ridiculous rate are the top ones. But 2K19 was unplayable after the first year of MyLeague because of the Shot Under The Basket Tendency bug/glitch. Pretty much every player in the League would rocket up to a 99 in their Shot Under The Basket Tendency at the beginning of the second season. 2K never fixed it or you can't tell me that they didn't know about it. I ended up just turning the game in for what little credit I could get cause it was useless to me since I only play MyLeague. Won't be playing 2K20 until some issues get improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »