Home

Are 2K paying attention to offline players?

This is a discussion on Are 2K paying attention to offline players? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-27-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Are 2K paying attention to offline players?

With all the community rosters, draft classes, progression sliders, gameplay sliders etc. and with my own edits to a lot of these, I have a game on my hands that play really, really well and realistically in offline MyLeague, which is basically the only thing I'm interested in for a basketball game.

So my question is, do you think the developers will put any attention at all forwards offline players, MyLeague players and sim-fans? Because if not, buying a new game will cost me a lot of money for basically just having to start the work all over again with rosters, classes, sliders etc. It really isn't worth it anymore given how good the community-based content is getting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 12:56 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: Are 2K paying attention to offline players?

Like you, I have 2K19 playing the best game of basketball ever. As an offline player, I dont have to worry or care about OP builds or microtransactions or any of that other stuff. I just play and tune the game to my liking.

IMO, 2K does a great job paying attention to the offline gamer. MyLeague has some bugs that definitely need addressing but by and large, it's a deep engaging mode. Czar is still around hammering away on ACE. Simballer, Leftos and Davez continue to add to the deepest franchise mode in gaming.

Whether the changes are worth it to you is something you will have to decide once they release the blogs. I'm pretty confident that this year will be much like the last few have been with some good stuff for offliners.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-28-2019, 01:09 AM   #3
Rookie

I think the 2k offline community is really well taken care of. I play myleague exclusively and I can’t really think of a franchise mode I’d rather play. Does it have its bugs? Absolutely. Could it be better? Sure. However, the team behind it really cares and it shows. Can’t really be mad at that. Especially compared to other sports games like madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2019, 02:51 AM   #4
Banned

Lmao the offline part of 2K is where they can boast about “#1 simulated basketball game” but once you go play online, its all about finding the cheesy moves and exploits of the game.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:19 AM   #5
Pro

zello144's Arena

The offline MyCareer kinda sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2019, 08:09 AM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Lmao the offline part of 2K is where they can boast about “#1 simulated basketball game” but once you go play online, its all about finding the cheesy moves and exploits of the game.
Thats online with anything, though. I remember playing Modern Warfare 1 or 2 online and loving it. But then people started camping up high in buildings and just sniping. It got stale and boring real quick. It seems like the majority of people online take the path of least resistance. It's the nature of the beast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Do you guys have any tips about what settings (difficulty, sliders etc) should I use? Because I'm a offline only player and this game frustrates me too much. I tried playing on default Superstar and HOF and there's always a quarter in which either me or the CPU (or both) goes crazy shooting 70-80%. I tried different sliders and it doesn't seem to fix this. The game always seems to be too easy or too hard for me.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barata
Do you guys have any tips about what settings (difficulty, sliders etc) should I use? Because I'm a offline only player and this game frustrates me too much. I tried playing on default Superstar and HOF and there's always a quarter in which either me or the CPU (or both) goes crazy shooting 70-80%. I tried different sliders and it doesn't seem to fix this. The game always seems to be too easy or too hard for me.

I'd recommend just starting off at default allstar. Play 3 min quarters. Then look at what specific issues you have and adjust those sliders. Play a game or two and see how you feel. Do that until you're happy with that one aspect. Then do the same for whatever other issues you have. That's what I do. I think offensive and defensive consistency affects the shooting percentages and runs. Might want to start with those. Some things cant be fixed though like fouls; I've tried every foul slider, shot contest and contact configuration possible and charge/blocking fouls just aren't called right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »