Home

First News on 2k20 MyPlayer, via Twitter

This is a discussion on First News on 2k20 MyPlayer, via Twitter within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #1
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
First News on 2k20 MyPlayer, via Twitter

https://twitter.com/ToXsiK_BANGS/sta...131920903?s=20

So, Apparently we're combining 17, with 18/19. So you get your Dual Archetype, and when you level up you can distribute points where ever you want. So for example, I make a playmaking Slasher again, I can choose to max out my 3s to their cap limit. This is instead of being at the mercy of "unlocking" your next blocks via cap breakers and ending up with a player that can't fully do its job until level 95.

That being said, you're about to read something from me that breaks this girl's paradigm a bit. I get a rep around here for defending 2Ks actions a lot, mostly because I adapt to the situation in front of me and deal with the changes they make. That being said, WHY THE HELL DID YOU EVER CHANGE THIS?!

Seriously. What was the damned point of the cap breaker system randomly handing out attribute upgrades!? Hey, I got a playmaking slasher, I hope I get my last spot of ball handling at 91, so they can dribble the way they're supposed to. Or, oh no, I can't cap at 3s and miss till like 97, so I'm FN useless until then. That system was flawed and designed to try and keep us grinding just to play.

If you make the system so we can have fun and be effective earlier, we'll never stop playing because grinding isn't a CHORE, it's a side effect of having FUN. /rant

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: First News on 2k20 MyPlayer, via Twitter

I'm really happy about this and agree with what you wrote. I never understand when games have things that almost make you hate it when doing the opposite would make me enjoy and play a lot more. My SF was so sluggish because the cap breaker wasn't unlocking on speed. That system is limiting and not enjoyable at all.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

OVR: 0

Whenever they make a decision prioritizing profit over fun, the reason is two words.

Strauss Zelnick.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

Agree with everything the OP said. I generally understand the concept behind cap breaker (not wanting a 65 ovr to have a 99 skill), but the execution is horrendous.

This makes me wonder what else this entails. My guess, extremely steep costs for those last few attributes.
MLB: Nationals
Europe: Barcelona
MLS: DC United
College: Look at my avatar
Old 07-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #5
Pro

Finally some creative freedom again. Glad 2k will allow us to pick and choose. I hated getting strength and rebounding attributes on a guard. I hope Road to 99 is a thing of the past also.

Last edited by Korrupted; 07-12-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #6
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Finally some creative freedom again. Glad 2k will allow us to pick and choose. I hated getting strength and rebounding attributes on a guard. I hope Road to 99 is a thing the past also.
This! 99 became a chore. I preferred the park Rep system not being tied to it

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 07-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #7
MVP

was this confirmed?
Old 07-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I agree it was poor decision to ever change it. I hated not having control. I had made a 3pt/Playmaker in 2k18. I only played with him for just a small portion of season because I got stuck at 74 Ball Handling and needed one more upgrade to unlock better animations without knowing how long it would take. If I'm a 3 & D wing, why would I care about Post scoring.

I'm in favor of returning back to the last gen method where you can upgrade every individual rating. I like the ultimate control of how I build my player. Why should Shot inside be attached to Layup. Also don't like not being able to upgrade Free Throw and defensive ratings. There can still be caps with archetypes, I just think there should be less restriction.

But for me they have to change the OVR formula for MyCareer. We all know OVRs are inflated in Mycareer because most builds wouldn't reach over 85 in other modes. Besides Badge progression, I really didn't feel big difference between 78 OVR and 90 OVR. With us possibly being able to choose how we upgrade, what will push us to actually grind. Lets say you max key ratings and physical ratings and that gets you to 87-90 OVR, why should I want to upgrade ratings that I won't use. I would prefer to have the base roster OVR formula. Where I want my 90 OVR to be comparable to a 90 OVR star. You can still keep archetypes, but allow us to actually play like high OVRs. It would actually motivate me to grind more. As it has been last couple years, once I get to 90 and max key badges, there is no motivation for me to grind further. I didn't feel like my player would actually perform better if I kept grinding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »