Home

For the First Time in Years, I Am Hyped for a 2K Game

This is a discussion on For the First Time in Years, I Am Hyped for a 2K Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #9
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For the First Time in Years, I Am Hyped for a 2K Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
I'll never understand why people try to bring others down. If someone is excited for the game, then just let them be excited. Not everyone has the same standards of what makes 2K great or fun for them.
Exactly! People get excited when info drops and look forward to the game every year. Nothing wrong with that. Why crap on people who enjoy the game? I honestly wonder why some of these cats still buy the game or peruse the forums as negative as they are about the game and company.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #10
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

i'm hyped about 2k21 and nex gen (ps5)
Old 07-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #11
Rookie

I completely agree about tearing people down. OP - I hope it lives up t your expectations and you have a blast!

That said, I too am excited for next gen. I do think we could see a little bit of a scale back in terms of new additions for 2k20 as they focus on gearing up for 2k21. I took some devs years to catch up to this current gen (EA had more features in its PS2 games than they did for PS4 - I.e. NHL series).

Purely speculation and my opinion, BUT I hope this game brings it and people enoy it.

We forget video games are supposed to be fun sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #12
Pro

Everyone keeps talking about 2k21 being the first game developed for next gen; but the game releases in September and the console is December; makes me feel like the actual development cycle will focus on the PS4/XBOX1 and they will port it to the next gen, meaning 2k22 would be the first game truly developed for the PS5 and then ported to the last gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-16-2019, 07:43 AM   #13
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

I'm with you. I actually think 2K20 could be special. But it's also a make-or-break year for me. If it doesn't live up I could see myself taking another long break from basketball games, especially as my vdieo game time declines.
MLB: Nationals
Europe: Barcelona
MLS: DC United
College: Look at my avatar
Old 07-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #14
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

the presentation and the the immersion has been missing for years, the game isn't exciting anymore to me. Hasn't been probably since NBA 2k13. I never had a problem with graphics, or gameplay, But make it fun again, make the big games more exciting, more emotion, more sweat, more spirit. That's what I want. Not just minor tweaks on gameplay and a my career mode focusing on microtransactions.

sorry for being a debbie downer.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #15
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Everyone keeps talking about 2k21 being the first game developed for next gen; but the game releases in September and the console is December; makes me feel like the actual development cycle will focus on the PS4/XBOX1 and they will port it to the next gen, meaning 2k22 would be the first game truly developed for the PS5 and then ported to the last gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I guess yh. It depends on the devs probably, as they already have their hands on next gen dev kits. The main thing about next gen consoles are the graphics though, so even if it's ported, it's still about to be some major eye candy. Was 2k14 a port? Lets hope they don't take the bare bones route this time.

Last edited by WarMMA; 07-16-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #16
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm fairly hyped I guess. NBA 2k is my main game every year, it's almost a daily play for me in some capacity. I don't really expect many big things but I'm definitely excited about the new rookies.

I really wish they'd work more on presentation but I still think it'll be a pretty decent iteration. I don't think I've ever been completely unsatisfied with one. People like to hate on 2k17 and I even liked that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »