Home

NBA 2K20 Player Ratings Revealed with New Screenshots (Constantly Updated)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Player Ratings Revealed with New Screenshots (Constantly Updated) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #57
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Player Ratings Revealed Tonight at 8:00 PM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
Oh you mean when he had literally just came back off a groin injury and his best players were Kuzma and a hurt Josh Hart?
What? When LeBron came back Brandom Ingram was his 2nd player and was playing the best stretch of basketball in his career and the Lakwrs still lost 8 out of 12 before he went down. By the time LeBron was playing with Josh Hart as his best player playoffs hopes were pretty much dead.

And he had a groin injury when he "activated playoff mode" so don't try to use that as an excuse because if the groin injury was that much of a factor to the point where he couldn't lead his team past trash teams like Phoenix and Memphis then he should have never said that. It just reeks of him trying to change the narrative of why he missed the playoffs.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:47 PM   #58
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Rashidi- Zion an 85???? I know you are the numbers guru when it comes to 2k but that seems pretty generous
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:56 PM   #59
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
“Can’t make the playoffs”

“Recency bias my ass”

Yikes man. Lebron was on a god awful team last year AND injured for a good chunk of the season. Before that? Oh, he just led two separate teams to 8 straight NBA finals.

You have some of the worst basketball takes I’ve ever seen.
Dude, that is two seasons ago. He is soon going to be 35 years old and has lost a step (maybe two) athletically.

Yes, he's the smartest, savviest player in the game, today, but he isn't the top guy anymore. He showed terrible leadership down the stretch in Los Angeles last season, but yeah we should just concentrate on what he did in a weaker conference two seasons ago.

Anyway, he's still a top 3 player in this league but no longer the unquestioned best player in the game. That label now belongs to either Kawhi 'Nephew' Leonard or Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Now, Anthony Davis if he can stay healthy and can "put it all together" on a deep playoff run then....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 07-16-2019, 11:00 PM   #60
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
This. Make the case for Kawhi without the silly takes. Lebron had that team 3rd in the west before he got hurt. Possibly one of his best performances ever....”can’t go to the playoffs” should literally never be a critique you make of Lebron—context matters.
Context always matters, duh, but the fact still remains LeBron missed the playoffs (in a much tougher conference than 2 seasons ago), sulked and showed terrible leadership down the stretch.

I love the guy and think he is the 2nd or 3rd greatest ever, but he isn't in his prime anymore, period.

Also, everyone already knows what makes Nephew and Antetokounmpo great (and their clear weaknesses), but the athleticism advantage (especially when defending) is what separates them from current - day LeBron.
Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 07-16-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:36 AM   #61
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
What? When LeBron came back Brandom Ingram was his 2nd player and was playing the best stretch of basketball in his career and the Lakwrs still lost 8 out of 12 before he went down. By the time LeBron was playing with Josh Hart as his best player playoffs hopes were pretty much dead.

And he had a groin injury when he "activated playoff mode" so don't try to use that as an excuse because if the groin injury was that much of a factor to the point where he couldn't lead his team past trash teams like Phoenix and Memphis then he should have never said that. It just reeks of him trying to change the narrative of why he missed the playoffs.
The real reason LeBron more than likely came back was to put a few more W's on the board to make it appear on paper that they hadn't gotten worst than the prior year. But the groin injury pretty much changed the whole dynamic of their season.

Both Ball, Hart & Ingram also missed a combined two months, you can't win with a roster like that unless it's fully healthy. He also came back with less than 20 games left in the season, you can't do that **** either lol. Especially in the west!

Last edited by SlimFast_GymRat; 07-17-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 04:18 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Rashidi- Zion an 85???? I know you are the numbers guru when it comes to 2k but that seems pretty generous
Not at all. 2K is stingy to it's own detriment.

Here are the ratings the 2019 Rookies finished with.

2K19 Rookies
1. DeAndre Ayton (84)
2. Marvin Bagley (82
3. Luka Doncic (87)
4. Jaren Jackson (80)
5. Trae Young: 84)

6. Mo Bamba: 78) - The only player to not log 1000+ minutes
7. Wendell Carter (78)
8. Collin Sexton (77)
9. Kevin Knox (74)
10. Mikal Bridges (75)
11. Shai G.Alexander (77)
12. Miles Bridges (75)

Growth from Default Roster

+5 DeAndre Ayton
+4 Marvin Bagley
+8 Luka Doncic
+2 Jaren Jackson
+5 Trae Young
+1 Mo Bamba
+2 Wendell Carter
+1 Collin Sexton
-1 Kevin Knox
+1 Mikal Bridges
+4 Shai G.Alexander
+1 Miles Bridges

The top 12 picks went up 34 points during the season. That's an average of nearly three points per player.

Kevin Knox was the ONLY rookie who went down.
He was historically bad and yet he only dropped 1 point - that says A LOT about how underrated the rookies generally are.

Zion coming in at 79 is a slap in the face when you look at last season's top five. The man is considered the future face of the NBA, a historic prospect, and 2K is starting him with a rating 1-point higher than Mo Bamba.

There's a difference between being driving cautiously and driving 20 MPH on the highway.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 07-17-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:50 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K20 Player Ratings Revealed, Top 20 Players, Top 5 Rookies, Screenshots & Mo

FWIW:
I had Joel Embiid rated 82-83 OVR for the two years he was sidelined before he played an NBA game
2K had him at 76-77 OVR.
Various people criticized me for that
Yet he broke 80 within his first month of his rookie season and finished the year at 86

The Intangibles rating is also a factor for rookies. For example DeAndre Ayton started the season at 79 OVR but his Intangibles were kept arbitrarily low (IIRC 40-50 out of box). The bulk of his OVR "improvement" came when 2K bumped his INT up.

The way 2K utilizes the Intangibles rating (as a band-aid) is fundamentally flawed. I have an actual scale and my OVR ratings as a whole are fine.

99: Superstar
90: All-Star
80: Starter / Sixth Man
70: Quality Reserve / Semi-Starter
60: NBA Player
50: G-League / Two-Way / Project

76ers Example
99: Joel Embiid
90: Ben Simmons, Al Horford
80: Tobias Harris, Josh Richardson
70: Kyle O'Quinn, James Ennis, Mike Scott
60: Raul Neto, Zhaire Smith, Jonah Bolden, Matisse Thybulle, Shake Milton
50: Norvel Pelle, Marial Shayok

The whole point of the INT rating is to ensure the correct players are getting PT in the various game modes. Using the scale accomplishes that. Of course, it won't if the players don't have accurate ratings to begin with, but that's a separate issue (but certainly ties in with the rookie ratings and many backups being underrated to a large degree)

I have Zion 99 INT (as he projects to be that caliber of player) which is why he's an 85.
If I dropped him to the 50 INT that 2K is likely starting him at, he'd be 81 OVR.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 07-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #64
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
How is LeBron rated so high. In most games I've watched of him, he just stands around on Defense a lot of the time.*
Seems like that should lower his defensive rating a decent amount and hurt his overall. Guys that are elite on both ends like K Kawhi & Giannis should be at least a few points higher than him, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »