Home

Mike Wang tweets about 2K20

This is a discussion on Mike Wang tweets about 2K20 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #9
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Mike Wang tweets about 2K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Nah last years thread of things he exclusivity said in Twitter did pretty well. I honestly don't remember him being too active in the forums last release.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
I didn't specify last year

Mike has done this for years

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
This is why I hate online play being tied with single player. You have 7 foot guys like KD, AD, 6 foot 10 guys like Bron and PG jumping like guards on their shots.

Why are we going back to cookie cutter ancient big men? Basketball is moving forwards not backwards.

This is utterly ridiculous. I hate 2k.

NONE of the guys you mentioned use vert on their jumpshot like that.

Max height stretch bigs were getting dunk air time one jumpshots, greening, and then doing that stupide backflip/roll celebration. Whole time they had like 50 speed and 50 vert.

Thats like Dirk Nowitzky doing the Russell Westbrook pull up. Do you know how ridiculous that is?

I'm sure if you put some of these guys close to the basket on their jumpshot they're damn near touching the rim if not top of the square on the backboard
Old 08-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #11
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I love the move. I know a lot of people are going to complain especially the people on twitter that like to have the easiest and quickest jumpshot on the game. So far so good w/ Mike balancing and making the game more realistic. Hopefully it’s more to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 08:42 AM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Why? what sense does that make?
Quote:
This is why I hate online play being tied with single player. You have 7 foot guys like KD, AD, 6 foot 10 guys like Bron and PG jumping like guards on their shots.

Why are we going back to cookie cutter ancient big men? Basketball is moving forwards not backwards.

Lol.

Live takes this same approach fellas.

Not a big deal.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-04-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #13
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Lol.

Live takes this same approach fellas.

Not a big deal.
I don't like it in Live either lol. But as long as release timing is a thing in these games, then they need to allow users to use whatever release they want. Otherwise you're giving an unfair advantage to certain positions.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:

Because then no one would play with anyone under 6'7"-8" lol. It's like this for the sake of balance.

I don't know if you play MyTeam but since players started having 90+ in every category no one uses players under 6'7" anymore lol. I went 12-0 back to back times and of those 24 games 5 people played actual non Magic Johnson point guards. Everyone else was running some SF like LeBron, Kawhi, or Kirilenko. It's gotten so bad that people hardly even run SGs anymore.

If big men can dribble, shoot, defend, rebound, pass etc. no one is going to run small players lol.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #15
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I like how this thread started out as a place to find dev tweets, but turned into a "complain about 2k" thread 3 posts in.

This type of constant complaining in literally every thread is exactly why the devs don't come around here much anymore.

Never change 2k board, never change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #16
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Because then no one would play with anyone under 6'7"-8" lol. It's like this for the sake of balance.

I don't know if you play MyTeam but since players started having 90+ in every category no one uses players under 6'7" anymore lol. I went 12-0 back to back times and of those 24 games 5 people played actual non Magic Johnson point guards. Everyone else was running some SF like LeBron, Kawhi, or Kirilenko. It's gotten so bad that people hardly even run SGs anymore.

If big men can dribble, shoot, defend, rebound, pass etc. no one is going to run small players lol.
But that's why offline and online should be separated. If I want to create a 7' PG with handles like Kyrie, Westbrook's athleticism, Curry's three point shooting, and Shaq's dominance inside, I should be able to do that in the single player career mode. They can enforce stat caps online without forcing offline players into limited archetypes; they just choose not to for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »