Home

NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 11:18 PM   #81
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

lol @ the shoe size
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 11:28 PM   #82
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
My League really wouldnt work at this point. There is practically no FA in the WNBA and the player contract structure doesnt really lead to negotiations. It would be a tough fit.
I was thinking maybe 2K21 they could have WNBA MyLeague or MyGM but reading this, guess they don't have a traditional FA period? I know there is a draft so there's that but expansion would be cool as you can add new teams to the league.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:27 AM   #83
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I was thinking maybe 2K21 they could have WNBA MyLeague or MyGM but reading this, guess they don't have a traditional FA period? I know there is a draft so there's that but expansion would be cool as you can add new teams to the league.

Yeah it’s not traditional and its extremely rare that even mid level players ever become free agents. Most player movement is through trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-09-2019, 12:56 AM   #84
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

The WNBA is such a terribly mismanaged, unmarketed league. These athletes deserve better.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:56 AM   #85
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Im sure 2k saw a way to possibly make more money, by adding in the woman, but they are a business, so cant fault them for wanting to make more money, or I dont know why anyone would blame them for it.

But like you, I figure the NBA had a hand in them adding in the WNBA. I would actually be surprised if they didnt have a hand in getting 2k to put the WNBA in the game.
Like anything, its a matter of time if it makes basketball sense, as they say.

It takes time to implement things, but theyre always adding new things for us.

Im not sure why all of a sudden its supposed to be a cash grab because its new.

There is not a better platform for the WNBA to get more attention than this game, especially with the way 2K can put the extra splash on it.

As it stands the Big3 was getting higher tv ratings than some of their games, for different reasons.

Id like for more guys to get familiar with the players, and then see how they rip the other women apart in the Olympics. If youve never watched them in international competition you should. They'll make you proud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 12:57 AM   #86
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Going to be an amazing addition that is long overdue to 2K! I really hope they don’t make us wait for 2K21 to have a WNBA MyPlayer! and I hope they have WNBA Legendary teams as well! Can’t wait to play it
Old 08-09-2019, 01:00 AM   #87
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
There is not a better platform for the WNBA to get more attention than this game, especially with the way 2K can put the extra splash on it.

As it stands the Big3 was getting higher tv ratings than some of their games, for different reasons.
I think that's because ESPN actually promotes and markets the Big3.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:01 AM   #88
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowi
I think that's because ESPN actually promotes and markets the Big3.
The Big3 is on FoxSports1 which is ESPNs competitor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »