Home

NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #17
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

Dooooooope

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #18
Pro

RyanJS08's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

Not going to lie...the trailer was pretty impressive. Perhaps it's because it has that NEW feeling. But I thought it looked great, and I welcome the WNBA and the ladies to the 2k world. If it was done right then I was all for it, and it actually looks like it's being done right so this is great with me. Good job 2k.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

This is pretty cool and I hope I enjoy playing it. The Season Mode kind of brings it all together because it provides depth and a sense of reason to it all.

If I had to guess, the WNBA is going to be a niche addition to most folks but I pretty much only see positives from its inclusion (as long as the art team tasked with fixing up Zombie Dumars and other classics got re-assigned to the WNBA instead). I can see gamers digging into these teams and finding some diamonds in the rough to light their friends up with and having a blast while doing so. Imagine challenging a friend to a WNBA battle and then lighting them up with, say, Lexie Brown out of nowhere.

If done right the WNBA could be such a cool change of pace - similar to how I used to play minor league baseball games in MVP '05, where suddenly only some players could rake and fielding was generally imperfect. I'm really intrigued by the animations and playstyles.

Lastly, I originally got into basketball during the Pistons Bad Boys era (I'm old). I knew the Pistons, MJ, Magic, and Bird. But I didn't really start to familiarize myself with the entire NBA until I got Tecmo NBA Basketball for Christmas, where I could tangibly see, learn, and play as guys like Ron Anderson, Hersey Hawkins, Rod Strickland, and Roy Hinson. To a lesser extent, since a lot of us aren't really obsessed with the WNBA to begin with, I could see their inclusion helping people like us become way more familiar with its teams and players beyond just knowing, like, Brittney Griner, Diana Taurasi, and Candice Parker.

P.S. As an aside, I wonder if there's a WNBA championship trophy celebration.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-08-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So happy to see this. So happy that there is a season mode attached to it. With Live it was just play now and it felt like the addition was empty.
I agree. Its dope that not only they added this but did a season mode where you can fight to win a championship. It also helps bring more exposure to the WNBA for the casual fan.
I do feel this is how you implement a feature like this if you are going to do it. Even if it may not be apart of Park, the way how they implemented it, it is something that can be built off of for the future. I like the amount of detail that was put into this. They designed playbooks, sets, and styles specifically for the WNBA. So it won't feel like they just added the mode just to add it. Wonder how the CAP is for the WNBA. One thing I didn't care for in Live was how the created builds played like the male counterparts. I wanted to see authentic WNBA playing styles.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #21
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Before the misogynistic replies come, this is dope.

Obviously felt pressure by live to do this but either way cool to see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed its dope, but there was no pressure from Live. The NBA asked for this, fam.

Im pretty certain they do this for quite a few things to be honest.

That hand off into the shot was fire!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #22
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Man I am so out of it knowledge wise when it comes to the WNBA I didn't know there was only 12 total teams in the league, yikes. But I am very excited about this addition to 2k I actually enjoyed playing the WNBA part of NBA Live and I dare say something about it felt smoother then playing with the NBA players in that game. Well done 2k not making this just a back of the box feature and actually putting time and effort into the feature.

Wouldn't mind seeing some classic WNBA teams in future installments of 2k with Cynthia Cooper and Sheryl Swoops and Lisa Leslie teams making an appearance.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #23
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Nice! Looks pretty good. And though I honestly probably won't play the mode much, glad to see the WNBA a part of 2k.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #24
Rookie

FunGaming44's Arena

Great addition to the game, nice to see we can do a season mode with them but not going to lie I was hoping that we could do a franchise mode with them but i gues season mode is a nice start, expansion to franchise mode next year ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »