Home

NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #49
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So happy to see this. So happy that there is a season mode attached to it. With Live it was just play now and it felt like the addition was empty.

This exactly. Can't wait to try these awesome ladies out in a full season where games actually mean something and it's not just a Play Now gimmick.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Kinda related: In the WNBA trailer, there's a nice little scrum for a loose ball where two players dive on the ground and one player jumps over their bodies to avoid tripping...I assume that animation will be in the NBA side of things as well and that's a nice addition.
That’s been in the game for years

Last edited by MackZillaTV; 08-08-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:55 PM   #51
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
That’s been in the game for years

That’s one player on the floor not two
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #52
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm glad they didn't half *** this. Got a lot of respect for the work they did here. Has me hoping that some things they did here art wise make it over to the mens side, like guys are saying, shorts length but also hair texture. Very cool. I'll definitely play it a couple times, more so if it actually has a different feel to the game beyond just animations, such as spacing and playbooks.
Having at least a season mode is great for the first year, ngl I'd feel some type of way if they attempted a WNBA MyLeague with WNBA league structure when theyre still missing or incorrect in so many CBA rules in the NBA side lol. But it already is very clear this is a much more serious implementation than that of the EuroLeague a few years ago.
Great job 2k!

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 08-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
That’s one player on the floor not two
The other person on the right was in the basic dive animation, she wasn’t tied in with the other 2
Old 08-08-2019, 04:30 PM   #54
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Not sure if I'm seeing what I want to see or if it's just the WNBA players giving the game a different look but I'm liking the graphics this year. Can't quite put my finger on it, and it's not exactly a night and day difference from last year, but something about the screens in this trailer looks really good. Maybe the lighting and colors have been adjusted a bit?
Old 08-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #55
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

Really liked the addition in Live, so it was just a matter of time until 2K adapted. On a other leagues-related note, given the rights might be easier to hold I don't see us losing the WNBA in future games like we lost the Euroleague.

I really want a MyLeague for WNBA as MyLeague is my main form of play, but a Season mode is acceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Not sure if I'm seeing what I want to see or if it's just the WNBA players giving the game a different look but I'm liking the graphics this year. Can't quite put my finger on it, and it's not exactly a night and day difference from last year, but something about the screens in this trailer looks really good. Maybe the lighting and colors have been adjusted a bit?
You must've missed LD confirming the new lighting. But I agree it looks like a pretty nice upgrade.

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 08-08-2019 at 06:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »