Home

NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
My League really wouldnt work at this point. There is practically no FA in the WNBA and the player contract structure doesnt really lead to negotiations. It would be a tough fit.
TIL.

This is exactly why the WNBA needed to be in 2K. I now have a reason to learn more about the league and how it works.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #58
Pro

This is just another example why Live is in a bad place. *2k didn’t rush like Live and put some effort into the license*
Old 08-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #59
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog

I remember helping a poster here make a WNBA roster a couple of years ago so I'm already pretty familiar with the league and the players. I'll definitely try to get a season done with Connecticut or Washington.

Side note but I hope all of those new signature animations aren't locked to the WNBA. Sig nation would definitely appreciate having more material to work with.

Anyway, this is a pretty great way for their league to get the exposure that they need. Good move
Old 08-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
I remember helping a poster here make a WNBA roster a couple of years ago so I'm already pretty familiar with the league and the players. I'll definitely try to get a season done with Connecticut or Washington.

Side note but I hope all of those new signature animations aren't locked to the WNBA. Sig nation would definitely appreciate having more material to work with.

Anyway, this is a pretty great way for their league to get the exposure that they need. Good move
Off topic but are you coming back to make signature styles this year? Loved all of your work in 2K18.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #61
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
Off topic but are you coming back to make signature styles this year? Loved all of your work in 2K18.
Hope so. Wasn't really a fan of 2K18/19 so if 2K20 is more of the same then I probably won't be back until much later. Thanks for the support though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #62
Rookie

ToughJuice's Arena

I cant start a league from 1984 with the proper 23 teams, but I can play a Wash Mystics seasons. LoL. Its ridiculous but Im sure the NBA mandated it be included.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughJuice
I cant start a league from 1984 with the proper 23 teams, but I can play a Wash Mystics seasons. LoL. Its ridiculous but Im sure the NBA mandated it be included.
Whats funny is I'm sure that there is a group of people (including me) who dont give a **** about running classic seasons but are happy about being able to use some of the greatest women basketball players in the world in 2k20.

I dont think it was NBA mandated at all. I think 2k saw that Live had it, that WNBA exposure and popularity is on the uptick and said "What the hell, lets add this into the game".

Last edited by aholbert32; 08-08-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #64
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
You must've missed LD confirming the new lighting. But I agree it looks like a pretty nice upgrade.
Completely missed that. Did he give any other details?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »