Home

I知 sick of the legendary players

This is a discussion on I知 sick of the legendary players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 05:41 AM   #73
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I知 sick of the legendary players

I see no reason why the G-League players should be in the game. Those guys are not in the big time so why have them in a video game? The G-League is supposed to be a platform for players to work hard so that they CAN reach that next level which would come with Video Game appearances etc.

The WNBA is understandable because (while not as popular as the NBA) It's still a major Professional Basketball League. I'd rather have Ice Cubes 3 on 3 league featured over G league rosters. If anything 2k should have the G League teams logos available in Create a Team mode so that whoever wishes to make them in their game with Created players can do so, but nothing beyond that if you ask me.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:44 AM   #74
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
I see no reason why the G-League players should be in the game. Those guys are not in the big time so why have them in a video game? The G-League is supposed to be a platform for players to work hard so that they CAN reach that next level which would come with Video Game appearances etc.

The WNBA is understandable because (while not as popular as the NBA) It's still a major Professional Basketball League. I'd rather have Ice Cubes 3 on 3 league featured over G league rosters. If anything 2k should have the G League teams logos available in Create a Team mode so that whoever wishes to make them in their game with Created players can do so, but nothing beyond that if you ask me.
I'm with you here. I'd like the Gleague for use in MyLeague. But the players could be all the low rated scrubs in FA. The rosters dont have to be accurate. I'd just like to use the development league for what it is designed for, development.

I think the WNBA works on a couple of fronts. This is 2Ks first time implementing female ballers so why not have the WNBA? From what I have read there is no female MC that includes the WNBA, but it still fits. And you cant dismiss the social impact. Good or bad, the WNBA generated strong reactions. I dont the the Euroleague (even if properly implemented) or Gleague could generate that type of attention.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
I would never in a million years supports the inclusion of the G-League over any of the classic teams.

However, if G-League teams could be added in tandem with the classics (as the WNBA has been this year), I would welcome the addition, as it would add another sense of authenticity to MyLeague's organization management and development.

That said, one of the perceived difficulties I envision is the transient nature of the G-League itself. If you somehow managed to secure G-League player rights (no idea what that entails - whether it happens en masse or independently), I'd wonder how updated and accurate those rosters would be able to be.

Like Junior Moe said, if playable G-League were ever added, I could see those rosters more likely made up of randoms and fictional players. But even that could be progress, as it'd still offer a team frame for gamers to use in MyLeague (which they could edit and fill out correctly if they desired).

But again, I'd never, ever choose this over the classics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #76
Rookie

Personally i'd rather have new things than them bringing back 94 bulls or other "legendary" teams but that's me. I'm all for the history of the sport or what not but i personally think one of these features in the game are limiting the potential of 2k by adding more cool stuff
Old 08-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #77
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I dont agree, but understand the OP's POV. He couldn't have picked a the worse 2K forum on the internet to make this point on though, lol

We love us some classic teams.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #78
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

I think if G-League were to be implemented, I think it being a usable mode in MyLeague would be good enough. You could have the option to switch on GLeague games on your schedule, so you can play as your GLeague affiliate as well as your NBA team. We don稚 need those rosters in PlayNow though
Old 08-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 1

I'm sorry a playable g league would be cool, but should not be a priority. Now a fixed g league system in myleague mode? Absolutely

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #80
MVP

If I could dislike this thread 1000 times I would lol. The blasphemy! 2K there are plenty of us who love & appreciate the effort put into classic teams & players! Hope they are here to stay & you guys continue to expand on them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »