Home

I’m sick of the legendary players

This is a discussion on I’m sick of the legendary players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #41
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I’m sick of the legendary players

My advice to you is... If you have the means and mostly play My League go the CPU route. Probably won't get the G-League but you can get Euro and Chinese leagues. As an offline My League player it was the best move I in ever made.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 2

Classic team inclusion is the only reason i buy 2K every year. No classic team no 2k for me
Old 08-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #43
Rookie

Sorry. I'm yet another who couldn't be bothered to pick the game up every year without the "stupid legends".
Old 08-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #44
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah you’re gonna have to fall on your own sword with this one my guy.

The legendary players and teams are a HUGE part of the game for myself and tons of other players.

I’m a MyLeauge guy all day every day, but reliving my childhood and playing with these legendary players is something that can’t be matched.

When my buddies and I get together and play some games, we mostly pick classic teams. Sorry, man. The market and want for international teams is slim to none.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-14-2019, 02:43 PM   #45
Pro

zrohman's Arena

In an ideal world, I wish I could play real basketball in play now. I want to play my Sacramento Kings against a current real team.

I would also love to have an option to face my teams with no legends. But I'll never get what I want. I'll live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #46
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Dude Real Madrid and other Euroleague teams were in NBA 2k16

if you feel that its worth getting hands on older games to play with legends maybe you should dig up old 2ks for Euroleague teams?

The real solution here is simply to have both, which I'm sure will be the case on next gen - it'll be a priority for the NBA, especially if Luka continues to be a star with Porzingis and with players like Lamelo Ball and RJ Hampton not going the college route.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
The thing is: The legend teams are made once and then stay like that for the whole year or even multiple years (depending on who they get the rights to use year after year).

G League teams are really volatile and would require much work, to keep them updated.

Euroleage teams have been in there some not so long ago and they were made so badly. Most players had CAP faces that didn't look like themselves at all. Ratings were off for most players. And just for the use of the team designs and the playernames it is not worth it. Sorry, but that can be done via modding with much higher quality.
they could easily keep up with the g league. some of you guys on this very site or some of the super roster creation heads that create multiple year rosters for kids coming out of high school and into college and into the nba. 2k could contract that out to those guys for a small fee. they're going to do it anyway. shoot, if they made it open for them to do it. they would do it for free.

if i was the nba. a part of that billion dollar deal they made for the next 10 years or so. I would've made them have all g league teams in the game, all wnba teams in the game. all g league and wnba players..in the game. no excuses. you have more than enough money. if you need to hire a couple of roster heads. do so. you have the doe.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #48
Pro

Re: Jesus christ im sick of the legendary players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
Same way the WNBA “don’t have a market” neither does the G-league or Euro teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you want to increase the market for those leagues? start making their teams in the game that sells millions across the globe. kids would grow up knowing the names of g league teams, euro teams. one of the reasons me and my friends knew about so many itty bitty ncaa teams was thru the college basketball/football games that came out and actually included those small teams in the game. and thats back in the day where space was an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »