Home

I’m sick of the legendary players

This is a discussion on I’m sick of the legendary players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 11:21 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 3
I’m sick of the legendary players

There’s probably a market for the Euro teams so I would understand adding that to the game. I wouldn’t want to lose the classic teams though. Adding those teams totally rejuvenated my interest in video game basketball. I’ve been playing since Lakers vs Celtics in the late 80’s so seeing those players represented on current systems is still a thrill. I mean seeing James Worthy and being able to recognize it’s James Worthy is something that blows me away.

I recently played a classic season with the early 90’s Blazers and won the title. I played with this exact team (Drexel’s, Porter, Williams, Kersey, Duckworth) way back in 1991 on Tecmo NBA and lost in the finals! It took me almost 30 years to get a chance for a rematch!

At some point, the classic teams may be phased out or the focus will shift to more recent teams. I’m enjoying them them now tremendously. I’m not sure I’d buy the game if they weren’t in the game. I’d pick it up but it wouldn’t be an annual purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by jmarcguy; 08-15-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:03 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I’m sick of the legendary players

I think 2k just wants to satisfy all gamers from Kid to old man.

I for myself don't care much about todays NBA. The League, the game and especially the players are way too soft. Same goes with Euroleague or G-League. I prefer playing with Teams from the 80s 90s and 00s and I don't want to get out my old Super Nintendo to play NBA Live 96. No I want Full HD nba Legends and play my own 1996 League or 1990 League or whatever. If those classic Teams and Legends would disappear I would stop buying the Game. It's that simple
Old 08-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Jesus christ im sick of the legendary players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
Same way the WNBA “don’t have a market” neither does the G-league or Euro teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Preach.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:31 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 4

This is blasphemy.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHogan
I think 2k just wants to satisfy all gamers from Kid to old man.
When you please everyone, you please no one.

As a older man(32) I honestly want more focus on current players, g-league and euroleague over legends. Even if I grew up during the bulls dynasty era and what not, you gotta move on and focus on the new dynasty's happening right now, that most kids are focusing on. More exposure for those other leagues is vastly more important personally if 2k and NBA wants to grow the league fully global.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #62
Rookie

Re: Jesus christ im sick of the legendary players

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
Sorry I’m going to go with common sense over whatever anecdotal evidence you think the users on this forum are able to provide. Again you have several years worth of current gen 2k titles to choose from if you have the urge to play with retro teams

The support clubs like Maccabi Tel Aviv and Panathinaikos get from their fans is incredible- if done properly 2K would literally have every reason financially to cut the classic teams and put the euroleague teams in their place
You're not using common sense if you really think that people are gonna go back and play older 2ks at all... The sports gaming community is all about the next new title and innovation... No one is going back to older 2ks with dated mechanics for more than just a trip down memory lane... And sense none of the older 2ks on last gen are backwards compatible that makes it even less likely... Fact is that there is a bigger market for classic teams than those other leagues... And since the NBA is based in the US that's who they will naturally target first... Sorry to say but they did have euroleague teams in as recently as 2k17 and they were taken out because people used those teams even less than the classic and all time teams... It's easier to implement the classic teams because they are taking cyberfaces they already have and also those players are already in myteam... It's obviously not worth their time 🤷🏿*♂️
Old 08-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #63
Rookie

How much demand is there for the other leagues you mentioned? I see people with literal wishlist where they are asking for specific classic teams and players to be added to the game... I see people still clamoring for Charles Barkley to be in the game... Yet I rarely see people talk about adding the euroleague and g-league in... And they added the WNBA in because they saw the positive reception EA got for doing that same thing... If there is no demand they won't add it in period... You're asking for it but obviously not enough people are asking for it... What YOU would rather have isn't gonna mean a thing if no one else is asking for it
Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #64
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

Ever since the Euroleague has been cut from 2K a few years ago... their fanbase has only gotten bigger, lol.

MyTeam is one of the most popular modes in the game now, largely because of online influencers (YouTubers), but also because of the exclusivity of classic players. They're not going to get rid of an ENTIRE POOL of players now that users are so familiar with them and honestly... I'm happy that younger fans are discovering the history of the game through modes like this.

One of the main reasons the Euroleague isn't featured anymore is because of resources. They'll likely lose a lot more profit in the process of adding it in. If they "can't" allocate enough resources to give a proper representation of the league, they're not going to include it.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited by SlimFast_GymRat; 08-18-2019 at 01:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »