Home

NBA 2K20 / NBA 2K21 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 / NBA 2K21 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K20 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I wish you guys would keep these sorts of posts out of my feed. I had no real intention of buying and then I saw this post and the itch has came out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I thought about delaying my purchase at least until Christmas but then I heard what they’ve done for offline users who play 5v5. But I can’t judge it based on the demo as I don’t play MYcareer. I may be wrong but it looks like the 5v5 scrimmage mode doesn’t let you call any plays or pick your freelance or series. Someone correct me if I’m wrong
Old 08-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
Man I thought about delaying my purchase at least until Christmas but then I heard what they’ve done for offline users who play 5v5. But I can’t judge it based on the demo as I don’t play MYcareer. I may be wrong but it looks like the 5v5 scrimmage mode doesn’t let you call any plays or pick your freelance or series. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Honestly, after my extreme hype for 2K18 and tremendous level of disappointment, I refuse to get excited about it. Although offline 5v5 is my go to so I’ll have to look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #11
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

@taildog will you have a quick Day 1 update tonight when the game drops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 10:20 PM   #12
MVP

NBA 2K20 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
@taildog will you have a quick Day 1 update tonight when the game drops

Man I’ll try. waiting till midnight to play is killing me. It makes not having the ability to call plays and run real offense in the demo 5v5 even more annoying.

Personally my main goals this year are (feel free to add to this list):
1) leverage that user-created series option into even more authentic gameplay.
2) address any spacing, timing, off-ball weakside movement in the freelance.
3) discuss the impact of system proficiency in-game and for simulation.
4) try to list the best 40 to 50 triangle plays in 2k history. This is a big one as I think since 2k11 till now, we have seen 90% of the options used irl in some form or variation in different years. (ex. Fist Series in 2k11/12)
5) go over advanced controls including but not limited to passing, footwork, and the new quick action options.

I’ll probably tackle the freelance first then the set plays (between tonight and Saturday morning). I bet Czar will likely be scouting current teams once preseason starts so everything will be on the back burner most likely. With next gen coming I’m hoping the other stuff can be addressed by then.

All in all, I think this won’t be 2k19.5 and the Devs have continued to put in work this cycle. It’s gonna be a great year. #simnation
Old 09-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #13
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Quote:
Man I’ll try. waiting till midnight to play is killing me. It makes not having the ability to call plays and run real offense in the demo 5v5 even more annoying.

Personally my main goals this year are (feel free to add to this list):
1) leverage that user-created series option into even more authentic gameplay.
2) address any spacing, timing, off-ball weakside movement in the freelance.
3) discuss the impact of system proficiency in-game and for simulation.
4) try to list the best 40 to 50 triangle plays in 2k history. This is a big one as I think since 2k11 till now, we have seen 90% of the options used irl in some form or variation in different years. (ex. Fist Series in 2k11/12)
5) go over advanced controls including but not limited to passing, footwork, and the new quick action options.

I’ll probably tackle the freelance first then the set plays (between tonight and Saturday morning). I bet Czar will likely be scouting current teams once preseason starts so everything will be on the back burner most likely. With next gen coming I’m hoping the other stuff can be addressed by then.

All in all, I think this won’t be 2k19.5 and the Devs have continued to put in work this cycle. It’s gonna be a great year. #simnation

Mybad TD but what is *user-created series option* and how can that be used within the Triangle
Old 09-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
Mybad TD but what is *user-created series option* and how can that be used within the Triangle

Facebook gameplay blog

“Last year, we introduced Series Actions, which were a big hit with the sim community. Their one request for this year was user-created series, which we heard and are bringing to NBA 2K20. Now you can turn your favorite plays into your own personal series action, and even control how that series is run (repeat on success, run through, called in order, dynamic, etc.)”

So essentially if you want to run the UCLA high post series you can create a series using those plays only if you want before the game starts. I haven’t seen anyone talk about it since the blog dropped but this is huge especially for classic teams/systems.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:10 AM   #15
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Quote:
Facebook gameplay blog

“Last year, we introduced Series Actions, which were a big hit with the sim community. Their one request for this year was user-created series, which we heard and are bringing to NBA 2K20. Now you can turn your favorite plays into your own personal series action, and even control how that series is run (repeat on success, run through, called in order, dynamic, etc.)”

So essentially if you want to run the UCLA high post series you can create a series using those plays only if you want before the game starts. I haven’t seen anyone talk about it since the blog dropped but this is huge especially for classic teams/systems.
You the Triangle Master so I know you gonna kill it... Can't wait for the updates td
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 01:37 AM   #16
MVP

NBA 2K20 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD

You guys are gonna love this new motion and screen system. The bigs hold the screens so the offense is fluid. They cleaned up a lot of the off ball weakside issues (see Give 42 TRI in 2k19).

Things look good. Just a few things I noticed while in practice plays:

1) on the blind pig I see two issues. The same issues was in ‘19 but idk if I pointed it out. a) The first cutter going back door isn’t timing his cut right and isn’t cutting directly to the right block. The 2nd cutter isn’t giving the first cutter enough time to make his moves before going into the 2-man game. This example is Fist 42 BASE TRI.
https://youtu.be/DPgB2M_Mh34

2) The UCLA Lob Counter play (Cut 5 BASE TRI) is not in the game. It was in 2k18 and the initial 2k19 launch but was removed as it was supposed to be reinserted as a PNR man play so it would only be called for big men. The same reason why we have Fist 42 BASE TRI.

https://youtu.be/bw4UEL3Ou54

Last edited by taildog; 09-06-2019 at 01:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »