Home

Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2019, 02:02 PM   #801
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wel214
I'm surprised several people on here want higher 3pt shooting percentages after the 3 pt contests we've had to endure for the past couple of years. bls is right, you just have to hit up 2ku and master your shooters' releases. I think it's great that it's harder to hit open shots this year and presents more of a skill gap. I thought shooting percentages were a bit low at first as well, but that just forced me to practice. Once you get some lab time in, you should be able to green a good amount of your shots and "slightly" miss the others. I think the problem some users are having is not all "slightly" misses are created equal. It seems like you can be pretty far off and still get a "slightly" miss and that's where the frustration comes from. But once you get the shot releases down to where you are greening or getting a "slightly" miss that is closer to green, you shouldn't have issues with open shots.
I don't want them that much higher. 2-3% total tops, 5% for elite shooters on open looks. This is the best shooting I think has ever felt. If you know releases, you're deadly. Heck... I'm 3-4 with a 2k generic in the game I'm in where my opponent is now pouting and allowing the pause timer to run out. Lol.

Which, btw... That seems like the new rage quit. Anyone else getting a lot of these?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #802
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
I don't want them that much higher.
Agreed. IMO every other shot type is fine except OPEN SHOTS--we wanna look at the EARLY/LATE discrepancy Chase mentioned tho.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-24-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #803
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Bls broke page 100 smh.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #804
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Speaking of: BLS

2K give us all this extra info that's often useless but here its relevant. Why? Because its actually worthwhile during discussions like these. We can take a pretty deep dive and examine all of the shot data.

Also, we need to make sure you aren't playing offline

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-24-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:51 PM   #805
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I want to turn shot data off but something wont let me...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #806
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Post Re: Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Bls broke page 100 smh.
I don't know how that happened lol

Here is another video showcasing OPEN SHOTS and the ability to knock them down. One thing I will say is, I believe 2k designed this game to be able to knock down OPEN SHOTS with ease. They put it all in the users hands (literally). The more OPEN you are, the EASIER it is to GREEN a shot. Basically I believe what they're saying is, if your OPEN, it's possible for you to knock down everyone of them if you just put in a little practice work.

I believe that's one of the reasons Czar got alittle frustrated early on, because the game just dropped and already Mike wanted to make changes due to the complaints. Instead of users putting in a little work in the 2KU lab and figuring things out first.

I'll state it one last time, but initially I was having trouble shooting. Was still trying to shoot the same as I did in 2k19 but it wasn't working. I thought the shooting mechanics were broken. But then I decided to go into 2KU and see what the issue was. I put up shot after shot after shot with all the shooters on my team until their release became muscle memory with the push of a button. Needless to say, my shooting percentages went up and I feel as the shooting now is one of the most easiest things to do in the game now.

When i go up against a user now that I know can't play at all and has no sense of basketball knowledge whatsoever, it SHOWS. A Golden State user in 2k19 could just come down the court with Curry/Klay and launch 3's all day, no concern for release of the jumpshot at all and hit everything. I'm talking just inside the half court. It was so unrealistic and arcady to me. They can't do that now. The only bail outs for them now is phantom driving foul calls and offensive rebounds (the only things keeping points on the board for them). Minus those issues along with input delays and game drops, I can honestly say this is the most I've enjoyed 2k since 2k11.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #807
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Here is the 3pt made and attempted of the team and also the boxscore for the game.20190924_024750.jpg20190924_024801.jpg20190924_024820.jpg20190924_024814.jpg20190924_024833.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2019, 04:57 PM   #808
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

To add to this discussion..i agree with points on both sides of the argument between Kushmir and bls.

I do feel as if open shots aren't strong enough to scare guys away from playing zone defense. But i also feel that if they buff the shooting too much then things like 5-out and zig-zagging for 3's will become even more of a problem.

I'm in favor of a very very very SLIGHT buff to shots that are slightly early/late but only when the coverage is WIDE OPEN. Any % of contest then the shot should not be buffed.

Based on the games i've played, i can say shooting is close to real life averages:

We just need a bit more punishment for guys who want to stay in zone all game.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »