Home

NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content creator

This is a discussion on NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content creator within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2019, 11:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content cre

Can someone point me to evidence that the CAP is virtually identical to last seasons? Did they get it from that event where they let youtubers play the full game?

If that's the case, I have my fingers crossed that its a placeholder for the eventual refreshed CAP that 2K20 has, which has all the MyPlayer body types and new hairstyles. It's also possible that it could be a Day 1 patch as they get rid of bugs and stuff.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #10
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content cre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc11421
Can someone point me to evidence that the CAP is virtually identical to last seasons? Did they get it from that event where they let youtubers play the full game?

If that's the case, I have my fingers crossed that its a placeholder for the eventual refreshed CAP that 2K20 has, which has all the MyPlayer body types and new hairstyles. It's also possible that it could be a Day 1 patch as they get rid of bugs and stuff.
https://youtu.be/ctT_1C03q5Q

Video by Brian Mazique from Community day

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 08-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #11
Pro

This is straight up bull snizzle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 04:54 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
https://youtu.be/ctT_1C03q5Q

Video by Brian Mazique from Community day
Is it possible they threw in the 2K19 version of CAP in there because they're still in the process of cleaning up, refining, and adding new hairstyles and the body types for offline CAP? Didn't 2K recently hire a guy from here and didn't Mike Wang or a 2K dev promise that they're adding as much hair as they can before release day?
Old 08-27-2019, 05:19 PM   #13
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Is it possible they threw in the 2K19 version of CAP in there because they're still in the process of cleaning up, refining, and adding new hairstyles and the body types for offline CAP? Didn't 2K recently hire a guy from here and didn't Mike Wang or a 2K dev promise that they're adding as much hair as they can before release day?
Yes, it's possible. Likely? Ehhh I dunno bout that, I'd hope youre right for the bare minimum of new hairstyles.

As far as Mike Wang promising, some eccentric YouTuber made a big deal that he pulled Mike aside and demanded new hairstyles etc etc. Mike Wang tweeted specifically that he never promised, simply that he'd pass the feedback along to the appropriate people.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #14
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy10
Pretty disappointed that the 6 body types don't transfer to CAP. What's the point in not allowing that? Pretty lame.

exactly!!!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:55 AM   #15
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

Not having cap tattoos is ridiculous...

They can’t seem to add this removed feature properly lol. I forgot what gen we were on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Not having cap tattoos is ridiculous...

They can’t seem to add this removed feature properly lol. I forgot what gen we were on.
They specified in the CAP dev blog last year that offline CAP tattoos can't work because of the HDD and loading limitations of current gen consoles. All the tats are HD and very detailed, which equates probably 10-15 Mbs per tat. If you place say 20 tattoos on a single person, that's already 200-300 Mbs for a single character. It's fine for online because the models are saved on the cloud online, but if you had say a full 400+ roster in CAPs, your console doesn't even have the space to accommodate half of that, not even including the speed limitations of a 6 year old HDD and GPU (which has only 8GB of memory). Online is different, because when you're playing myPark, the only time tats are getting loaded in at full res are when you're actually playing that person on a court. Everyone looks pretty low-res when I'm just walking around.

I'm guessing since the next gen consoles are running on SSDs and might possibly have 2TB or more of storage from the start, we might see it implemented there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »