Home

BEWARE of the My Player Builder

This is a discussion on BEWARE of the My Player Builder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 08-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
BEWARE of the My Player Builder

Especially when making players with tertiary ratings that increase while adjusting size and arm length. Many skills and ratings are locked behind a wall that most people will never achieve.

For Example: I always strive to make a real life player. This year I thought I found the perfect build to make an almost identical replica of the All-Star Celtics version of Isiah Thomas. When using the shooting/finishing pie chart I was able get his shooting and finishing close to his real life attributes. When decreasing the myplayer to his real life size with min weight and arm length he also became a player with a 92 ball handle and 95 accel. So now we have a player that can burst off the dribble with moves, hit the 3, and finish strong at the rim, all while being a tiny player with very little defense. Sounds perfect for that build. This was the year it was worthwhile to make a small, finally. But then......

When you get to the screen where it asks what rating you want to try your build as some of the ratings stay low until you are extremely highly rated. With ratings after a 95 being able to fluctuate back lower you may never actually achieve them no matter how determined. For instance at a 99 ovr the player had a 92 ball control which is fantastic, but drop by one to a 98 and that same player now only had a 85 and wouldn't have access to the tier 3 dribble moves. Now even worse, lets say I can make it to a 95 which is already a grind, at that point the player's ball control was still in the 70's and does not even hit an 80 until 96.

If I did not catch this I would have went in thinking I am making IT but may actually just be handicapping myself by making a small player that can't defend but still cannot handle the ball well enough to be useful. Depending on animations and badges and a ton of user skill maybe the build could still replicate him for the most part but please go into this with eyes wide open understanding that many potential attributes will probably not actually ever be achieved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Re: BEWARE of the My Player Builder

You can upgrade which ever ratings you want first. So if you want that 92 ball control right off the bat you can get it.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
You can upgrade which ever ratings you want first. So if you want that 92 ball control right off the bat you can get it.
Are you positive? And may I ask where you found that information? Not questioning you integrity but last year I wasted $50 dollars on a player build that ended up not being able to perform as I wanted and don't want to make the same mistake. Thanks.

If this is true then this thread can be disregarded.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Are you positive? And may I ask where you found that information? Not questioning you integrity but last year I wasted $50 dollars on a player build that ended up not being able to perform as I wanted and don't want to make the same mistake. Thanks.

If this is true then this thread can be disregarded.
https://twitter.com/choops4life/stat...567880192?s=21
Old 08-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Thank You, this is great news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena