Home

THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it away

This is a discussion on THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it away within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it awa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Lives jump shots are way better. At least the ball release is tied to the button release unlike in 2k for years now there are only automatic jump shot animations with no user control.
i agree with this 100% and this is why I believe this year is the first year that it isn't necessarily tied to animations with no user control. It also might be why Mike introduced the "pro gamer" setting in which you receive a bonus for not using the shot meter. It also my be why there is a badge now for quick release.

The devil is in the details
Old 08-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it awa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
because J's are tied to a pretty static meter with no relation to the jumper form...
This is wrong. Best example is Maya Moore. That’s like saying all 2k jumpers are the same because of the meter.

Not surprising considering your continual slant against Live on these forums but nonetheless
Old 08-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Eh, I'd say Live's jumpshots are easier, not necessarily better...I can pick up any team in H2H and be comfortable hitting greens all game because J's are tied to a pretty static meter with no relation to the jumper form....and dont even get me started on everyones slingshot free throws. Last gen Live was the king as far as jumpshots though, IMO.

I still don't get the 2K20 comparison tbh
100% disagree with your statement about NBA live's release having no relation to the jumper form. NBA live's release were dead on with the idea of releasing the ball from the "top of the jump."

2k on the other had has always been about animations which is why it has always been easier for each player to have a jumper that looked very identical to their real life counterpart. This is the first year where the jumpers don't look quite like that at all but the mechanics, as a previous poster (dawolf) stated, are actually tied in with the release this year. Totally different than previous years.

2k has always been trying to get away from it's animation heavy gameplay for awhile now. Slowly but surely.

Also, if you don't see it, then this post was never intended for you. you basically wasted your time even making a comment but to each his own. do as you wish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
This is wrong. Best example is Maya Moore. That’s like saying all 2k jumpers are the same because of the meter.

Not surprising considering your continual slant against Live on these forums but nonetheless
I'm literally typing this while waiting in a Live Run lobby, lol. Asked my party, some agreed, some didn't....none got in their feels though. Go figure, It's all good.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-24-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:34 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbadge
100% disagree with your statement about NBA live's release having no relation to the jumper form. NBA live's release were dead on with the idea of releasing the ball from the "top of the jump."

2k on the other had has always been about animations which is why it has always been easier for each player to have a jumper that looked very identical to their real life counterpart. This is the first year where the jumpers don't look quite like that at all but the mechanics, as a previous poster (dawolf) stated, are actually tied in with the release this year. Totally different than previous years.

2k has always been trying to get away from it's animation heavy gameplay for awhile now. Slowly but surely.

Also, if you don't see it, then this post was never intended for you. you basically wasted your time even making a comment but to each his own. do as you wish
Threads arent limited to people who agree with you.

but I know you know how forums and threads work because you came in this one all gung-ho with your opinions. So I'm not sure what your point is saying that, lol.

It's all good. Was just trying to discuss the topic tbh. I'll leave yall to it.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #14
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

they also changed the pump faking, if you use the button its very slow, but if you flick right stick down it does a quicker one. i dont know what their intention is with making using the button slow
Old 08-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Threads arent limited to people who agree with you.

but I know you know how forums and threads work because you came in this one all gung-ho with your opinions. So I'm not sure what your point is saying that, lol.

It's all good. Was just trying to discuss the topic tbh. I'll leave yall to it.
You offered nothing of substance to the thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #16
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't see a big difference in the jumpshot animations because they haven't been spot on for a while.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 08-25-2019 at 10:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »