Home

THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it away

This is a discussion on THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it away within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 08-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it away

I'm not going to write up a long thesis about why I believe that NBA 2k20's new motion system is either very similar to or exactly the same as NBA Live's motion system. I will say this though; the jumpshots in NBA 2k20 are off in the way that has plagued NBA Live for years.

Feel free to disagree with me but some of these jumpshots are way off the mark. They did a better job than EA sports of creating the jumpers but man, some of them are way off.

Let me know if you guys see any other indications that point to NBA 2k20 = NBA live MOtion system. I know the "freestyle stick" is basically the new the dribbles moves in 2k20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it awa

I have no issues with it. Am I supposed to get upset by this? I actually like that 2k took Lives motion and put 2k's own flavor to it.

Now if 2k can get the organic sounding crowd from Live then this game would be on another level.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: THEORY: NBA 2k20 = NBA Live's Motion System. Proof? Signature Jumpers Give it awa

It's hard to grasp what you mean because you didn't really go into detail about how exactly they're 'off'

Is this just when assigned to a MyPlayer? I didn't feel that any jumpers were off when playing 2KU. They are slower, which is similar to older 2K's...which I like since not every player has a flick form.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Don’t see it. Was underwhelmed. Live has next level physics and player responsiveness that 2k lacks. And now that they’ve smoothed out their jump shots... sheesh.

I expect 2k to smooth out their jump shots like live did.

2k is continually moving towards more realistic physics but they’re not completely overhauling their bread and butter arcade game that’s got them on top.

Baby steps but I like the work 2k has put in. Most noticeably? Transition.

If I’m a slasher I’m looking to where the bigs are in transition. Guards can’t stop me in transition. Too strong too quick. Physics look beautiful.

The guy with the best transition game in the Nba is lebron james. He gets so many easy points off sealing off bigs and attacking hapless guards at the rim.

One of the best examples last year was against NO. He sealed off AD off ball on the break like an NFL WR and then exploded to the rim for the uncontested dunk.

The new physics are wonky (like live 18 demo) but they’re getting much better. Props to 2k
Old 08-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
nbagames.de

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Lives jump shots are way better. At least the ball release is tied to the button release unlike in 2k for years now there are only automatic jump shot animations with no user control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 02:43 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's hard to grasp what you mean because you didn't really go into detail about how exactly they're 'off'

Is this just when assigned to a MyPlayer? I didn't feel that any jumpers were off when playing 2KU. They are slower, which is similar to older 2K's...which I like since not every player has a flick form.
lol well if you played the demo and didn't have a problem with the jumpers, then this thread wasn't for you.

I would advise you to take a look at the other thread about the signature jumpers being off and observe the number of people who felt the same way. It wasn't that hard to understand the idea of the original thought and idea.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Lives jump shots are way better. At least the ball release is tied to the button release unlike in 2k for years now there are only automatic jump shot animations with no user control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
I like liveís mechanics way better and their green system... it feels more like shooting... but man that game is so limited in their shot results. 2k seems to have thousands of shot results/makes/misses while live only feels to have 10.

The plastic rim does no favors. Iíve been a critic of 2kís shooting for a few years now though. It lacks a lot of shooterís feel and the footwork into shots seems so forced. Like just press x and youíll have this choppy transition from movement into the shot.

In live if you do a running pull up you can gradually feel your player drift with the momentum. You donít really feel your player enough in 2k. Takes away from the fun as a basketball fan.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Eh, I'd say Live's jumpshots are easier, not necessarily better...I can pick up any team in H2H and be comfortable hitting greens all game because J's are tied to a pretty static meter with no relation to the jumper form....and dont even get me started on everyones slingshot free throws. Last gen Live was the king as far as jumpshots though, IMO.

I still don't get the 2K20 comparison tbh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »