Home

Missing Camera Angles in Demo

This is a discussion on Missing Camera Angles in Demo within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 08-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
The Man

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Missing Camera Angles in Demo

The NBA 2K20 demo has 10 camera angles. But 2K19 has 13. The missing angles are Nosebleed, Skybox and Broadcast Zoom. I love the Nosebleed camera angle. I know most probably prefer 2K or a zoomed in look but Nosebleed is easily my favourite. I canít recreate the look on Broadcast.

I donít know if this is just a demo restriction or if they really removed those camera angles. They should at least keep one of Nosebleed or Skybox as they are high side scrollers. Iíve tried tweeting at the devs for clarification but no response and Iím getting nervous.

I like everything Iíve read about 20 and I like the demo but itís too bare bones to play much for me as an offline franchise guy. But if I donít have the Nosebleed camera I will likely wait until the Black Friday sale (and last year it was C$30 off at EB Games on opening day). Itís that important to me and I donít want to pay full price knowing I will be annoyed by this if they removed these camera angles.

If anybody gets any news about it please share. Fellow Nosebleed and Skybox fans can share their concerns as well.

Here is a video of my custom Nosebleed. Nice Griffin dunk.
https://twitter.com/rudyjuly2/status...287100416?s=21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Missing Camera Angles in Demo

Itís kinda hard to have a nosebleed or a skybox camera in a gym that has no nosebleeds or skybox. At least that would be what I assume is the reason theyíre not there

PSN: TheDom45
Old 08-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'd mention it to Mike on Twitter, he's usually all over camera requests.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
The Man

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'd mention it to Mike on Twitter, he's usually all over camera requests.
I mentioned it once to him and a few other devs. Iíd rather not stalk and pound them with the same question over and over again lol. I will ask one more time. Fingers crossed itís a demo restriction.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
The Man

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom5552
Itís kinda hard to have a nosebleed or a skybox camera in a gym that has no nosebleeds or skybox. At least that would be what I assume is the reason theyíre not there
I think and hope this is correct.

In the demo 5v5 scrimmage if you try to create a higher angle on Broadcast Generic there is no difference between height at 3 through 10. Itís as though itís capped due to the practice stadium. Broadcast Zoom is capped at 5 with no further adjustment above that. So Iím hoping this is just a specific stadium restriction although it would be nice if a dev confirmed that for me lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #6
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

I could be wrong here but I could have sworn it that broadcast zoom was there the very first time I played the demo soon after it was released...then it wasnt there again...

but the nosebleed and skybox was never there at all because the camera is restricted and the camera angle wont work in that small practice gym dimensions...heck I even have problems on replays trying to zoom the camera back

my opion is they will be in the final product and it is only a matter of technicalities of the gym size restrictions
Old 08-27-2019, 12:22 AM   #7
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

They have 3 broadcast cameras but in my experience if you skip over the broadcast camera it disappears
Old 08-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you go to practice / scrimmage in 2k19 MyLeague you have the same (or similar) restrictions on camera angles, so don't worry too much about this and wait till the final product, you probably will have your Nosebleed/Skybox back there (in NBA games at least, I mean)...

Cheers! ;-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »