Home

Rim/Net Physics

This is a discussion on Rim/Net Physics within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rim/Net Physics

Am I the only one that thinks that these are lacking in 2019. Especially how the net reacts to DUNKs ... at times it feels like the ball slows down on some jump shots as it’s going into the basket. Shooting and making threes from the corner should have the net moving differently than shooting from top of the key. 99.9% of the time long jump shots should lead to long rebounds. There are times when the rebound or ball going off the basket is almost layup like ... I hope the team looks this stuff over for next gen. What does everyone else think?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Rim/Net Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRickyRun24
Am I the only one that thinks that these are lacking in 2019. Especially how the net reacts to DUNKs ... at times it feels like the ball slows down on some jump shots as it’s going into the basket. Shooting and making threes from the corner should have the net moving differently than shooting from top of the key. 99.9% of the time long jump shots should lead to long rebounds. There are times when the rebound or ball going off the basket is almost layup like ... I hope the team looks this stuff over for next gen. What does everyone else think?

I don’t disagree with the net physics but I think the rim physics are ok. What concerns me isn’t the physics of the base and arm of the hoop that moves violently with every dunk. I think those need to be tightened up and the game will look a lot better. I think 2k uses the same hoop every year for animations so tightening it up will screw up some of the rim hang animations. Hopefully they can address that on next gen as well.

PSN: TheDom45
Old 08-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

The net certainly needs to be more true. Net physics havent changed much since double dribble.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #4
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom5552
I don’t disagree with the net physics but I think the rim physics are ok. What concerns me isn’t the physics of the base and arm of the hoop that moves violently with every dunk. I think those need to be tightened up and the game will look a lot better. I think 2k uses the same hoop every year for animations so tightening it up will screw up some of the rim hang animations. Hopefully they can address that on next gen as well.

Close in shots in 19 had too many times the ball would roll off the fat part of the back of the rim to the left or right...20 seems better tho so far.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 08-29-2019, 05:28 AM   #5
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah I'm big on this one. The net physics are average IMO. It may seem nit picky, but the net definitely moves a little too slow IMO. It needs speeding up.

Rim physics aren't too bad.

CANNOT STAND the rubber stanchion wobble effect on dunks. The rim should pull down (breakaway rim) but no one in the NBA can make the backboard stand bend like it was made in the 80s. The stands are pretty strong these days. If you watch recent YT videos you'll see the backboard shakes side to side, but not up and down. Play at Jordan rec centre and it looks much better.

I also like seeing bank shots and layups not swish all the time. But again, probably REALLY nitpicking here.....

But hey, just keeping to the topic . My 2 cents....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 06:21 AM   #6
Rookie

This is my biggest problem with 2k I always liked lives rims better then 2ks.2k always has the stiff rim that doest retract right.ive been asking for it on this board like 10+ yrs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »