Home

NBA2K MyWorld

This is a discussion on NBA2K MyWorld within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
NBA2K MyWorld

Who here would be interested in a modified MyLeague mode where instead of there just being an NBA season, it was more like FIFA where the calendar keeps moving and they integrated in the WNBA and international tournaments?

So for instance, in addition to being in the middle of the NBA off-season right now, you'd also be in the middle of the WNBA season and getting geared up for the FIBA World Cup.

I feel like this would be the next evolution of MyLeague. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

Re: NBA2K MyWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Who here would be interested in a modified MyLeague mode where instead of there just being an NBA season, it was more like FIFA where the calendar keeps moving and they integrated in the WNBA and international tournaments?

So for instance, in addition to being in the middle of the NBA off-season right now, you'd also be in the middle of the WNBA season and getting geared up for the FIBA World Cup.

then they should first implement at least 50-60 international teams...
Old 08-25-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

It sounds pretty cool. I'd be ok with it IF the Gleague was properly reintroduced and playable like last gen.

I wouldn't play the WNBA much, probably about as much as I play Summer League, which isnt much.

I'd play with the Euroleage more for scouting players and I think the group format is interesting.

Your idea has me thinking though about how dope it would be to have a College Hoops like recruit engine and be able to keep tabs on college freshmen through seniors to track their progress. Then be able to draft them when they enter the draft. Something like that in addition to scouring the Euroleague for talent would add crazy depth ML/MGM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

Sounds pretty intriguing. Share more ideas please.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
It sounds pretty cool. I'd be ok with it IF the Gleague was properly reintroduced and playable like last gen.

I wouldn't play the WNBA much, probably about as much as I play Summer League, which isnt much.

I'd play with the Euroleage more for scouting players and I think the group format is interesting.

Your idea has me thinking though about how dope it would be to have a College Hoops like recruit engine and be able to keep tabs on college freshmen through seniors to track their progress. Then be able to draft them when they enter the draft. Something like that in addition to scouring the Euroleague for talent would add crazy depth ML/MGM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Bingo. Instead of creating draft classes, you can start the mode with a downloaded college basketball roster so you have the full college basketball world running in the background (like what already happens with storylines). Then each year you can create a new class of incoming freshmen that get randomly assigned teams (aka recruited) and you can play the McDonalds All-American game. So when it comes time for the draft, you or the game can decide which players declare for the draft. Include the euroleague in this as well.

The only leagues we need to be playable are the NBA obviously, along with the G-League and the WNBA would be nice but not important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 09:26 PM   #6
Rookie

MikeBadge's Arena

Quote:

I've been dreaming of this for a few years now.

As a couple people have already spoken to, it would open up the potential of the mode dramatically. Particularly if they allowed players to enter the "MyWorld" at age 14 on HS/ABL teams or Junior Clubs overseas instead of having Draft Classes.

My hope is that they realize having the rights to these other leagues wouldn't even have to be a main priority to get the ball rolling on this.

There's already a dedicated community using 2K Share. And PES has shown to a certain degree people can put up with the "English League" and "Manchester Red" as long as they can customize it and download other player's custom edits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »