Home

NBA 2K20 Teach Me How to Thread: Tips, Mechanics, Defense, + Plays

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Teach Me How to Thread: Tips, Mechanics, Defense, + Plays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Teach Me How to Thread: Tips, Mechanics, Defense, + Plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Hey everyone is Sam ! Is that time of the year again, which means labbing and figuring out the new 2K together so we can all become better players. Throughout the course of the year I will add what I feel are important game play mechanics / strategy breakdowns in this thread. Also feel free to ask any questions as I am sure other expert players on OS will have answers to. I will also try to answer what I can.

OS got me to where I am at with 2k and the 2K League, people on here ask the best and smartest questions. I look forward on learning from this thread and also having the lot of us help each other to "get good" at 2K20.

- This one is my annual on ball defensive mechanics breakdown, hope this helps !:

- This one is one of my favourites. I figured out a way so that players with 70+ handling can speed boost out of behind the back moves. Is not easy to do since is what I call a Double Stick dribble move, but move is it effective. I can make Klay Thompson speed boost a little doing this and also my Pure Sharp my player build can pull this off at just 72 handling... Give it a try, is a very powerful dribble move.

- I feel this year is one of the best 2K's ever to attack with the dribble. It feels the stop and go mechanic is very powerful, If a user knows when to do what moves he can easily get though all 3 levels of the defense with just the dribble alone. To top it all off there are now also very smooth dribbles to "seal" off the defender to finish. I highly recommend testing and getting familiar with the moves I show in the breakdown above.

- This one is interesting, I realized if you use speed boost cross overs to attack the hedge defender sideways that's very little chance the hedge defender can use his lateral quickness to catch up. Now of course dribbling full speed SIDEWAYS is a bad idea b/c is hard to set yourself up to drive or shoot after. However, I figured out if you add in a hop gather jump shot after the sideways speed boost, you actually reset your feet and align yourself with the basket incredibly smooth with little speed (if any) lost. Is extremely effective, I suggest you give it a try yourself. I consider doing this as one of the easiest ways to score in 2K20 so far.
Crazy seeing you here Sam. Makes total sense tho. Do these guys know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #122
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I picked up the game last week and I DEEPLY appreciate the customization and options in this game.

That said...

Maybe I'm turning into an old man but the stick combos are way too advanced for me. My days of combo button mashing ended long ago. It frustrates me to no end missing simple layups or my big guy just doesn't dunk it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #123
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Does anyone have a thorough understanding of the analytics scouting tool? It seems like it can be really useful and helpful, but I'm not 100% sure what to do with it / what to do with what I find from it. Are there specific stats to look into for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:10 PM   #124
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I picked up the game last week and I DEEPLY appreciate the customization and options in this game.

That said...

Maybe I'm turning into an old man but the stick combos are way too advanced for me. My days of combo button mashing ended long ago. It frustrates me to no end missing simple layups or my big guy just doesn't dunk it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Not sure what sliders you use, but don’t feel discouraged; you can definitely have a fulfilling experience without all the right stick dribble jazz (at least offline). I literally only use the right stick for defense. One lifesaver is that double-tapping the shoot button does so many moves, like Eurostep, spin moves, turnaround jumper, etc.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:13 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 10

Couple of questions:
1. Basic question: what does “floppy” mean in the play selection menu?
2. What is player DNA?

Last edited by mwjr; 05-31-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #126
MVP

jk31's Arena

6097074c76bdefa791698d768e2b3c49

1. Floppy is a type of play that, when working, results in an open shot.
Usually you have both of your wings under the basket receiving screens from the bigs to come out on the wing position.

2. You can save/load players in the roster editor or in a MyLeague. Player DNA is what 2k calls all the information about a player, so name, body, attributes, tendencies and so on.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #127
Rookie

Anyone here know good sim points of emphasis in MyLeague? For some reason even when I have a good team they always barely finish above .500 and get swept in the first round
Old 06-12-2020, 09:07 PM   #128
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickeyStickyMickey
Anyone here know good sim points of emphasis in MyLeague? For some reason even when I have a good team they always barely finish above .500 and get swept in the first round

It really depends who u have in yor team and who the opponent is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »