Home

Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20?

This is a discussion on Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20?

Personally, I like the pre-game show, I want them to add to it, not take it away. I do think players should be able to skip thru it, and the halftime show, if they want too. For me, I dont skip thru anything, on any sports games, I let it al play out.

Still to this day my favorite video game is CH2k8, I miss that game, it may not have had graphics we have today in sports games, although it was top notch back in the day from others, nor was the movement of players very good, but just how the games presentation was, with Midnight Madness, the weekly CHoops show, and the March Madness Bracket show, was and is still the coolest thing in video games, even if the graphics arent anywhere near what they are intodays game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #10
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Personally, I like the pre-game show, I want them to add to it, not take it away. I do think players should be able to skip thru it, and the halftime show, if they want too. For me, I dont skip thru anything, on any sports games, I let it al play out.

Still to this day my favorite video game is CH2k8, I miss that game, it may not have had graphics we have today in sports games, although it was top notch back in the day from others, nor was the movement of players very good, but just how the games presentation was, with Midnight Madness, the weekly CHoops show, and the March Madness Bracket show, was and is still the coolest thing in video games, even if the graphics arent anywhere near what they are intodays game.
Yea, I still start it up from time to time and run a program (simulate everything) for a while just to see the March Madness show.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Like most have said it should be expanded on, not taken away like they did with scores from around the league during halftime. To me that's the worst thing about the NBA2k presentation in these later versions, while the presentation looks pretty, there is no substance to your league like it use to be back in NFL2K5, Collegehoops, even NBA2K14, that seemed to be the last one, where you could play for a few years and actually hear stuff about what's going on in your league from other teams and stuff. So hopefully if they did get rid of it, it was for a weekly show or something with substance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #12
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I typically skip it too, especially since it's pretty generic and repetitive, but even if they took it out there would be some type of load screen there whether it's a pregame show or 2KTV. In that case I'd rather have a pregame show than to have 2ktv or a generic load screen before the game.

Question for some of the older 2K fans. I remember loving the presentation for NFL 2K5 with the Chris Berman pregame, halftime, and post game show and I was fine with watching it. Now is it nostalgia that has me remembering it so foundly or was it actually better than what we have now? I feel like NBA 2k's presentation is a little more generic and basic, at least in terms of dialogue, whereas NFL 2k5's felt a little bit more representative of a real broadcast and not just because of the ESPN license at the time, though it did help.

I have no problem leaving it in... just let me skip it with one button press and then load the 3rd quarter, even if it is generic 2K logo... same goes for Pre game and the 1st Qrtr cut scene interview, allow an extra option to keep commentary on and "TV" presentation of all kinds OFF

Options are good for everybody
Old 08-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

I enjoy the pregame. I skip it every so often but I like it, especially when it’s really goofy. I need the halftime to rest. I couldn’t play the game nonstop. Maybe back in my Live 95 days but I like a breather.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2019, 11:31 PM   #14
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

I skip it as soon as the button prompt us to do so after being loaded..

my suggestion would be to replace it with basketball NBA trivia question for VC points at loading, and let the pregame happen while it gives users the ability to set lineups and game strategies like defensive schemes as part of pregame before tipoff
Old 08-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

I like the pre-game and half-time shows. I just want the option to skip them. Next gen consoles are rumored to have instant loading so there is more likely to be the option to skip these shows since they cover up loading.

Now, I watch the halftime show only if I am winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 02:03 PM   #16
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopheid
From all the videos I’ve seen online, it looks like Ernie, Shaq and Kenny are now at halftime only in 2K20? Anyone know or seen otherwise? Would be a shame to lose the pre-game show I think, since they also got rid of the post-game one too.
i don't mind that being gone, what I Do mind is that the broadcast presentation continues to be a sore spot for the series. And if you're to do a pregame, really get into depth what really matters like head to head matchups.

Where are the head to head matchups and stats for the stars during the game and after? why can't we get real time stats continuously popping up on screen like they on ESPN? This is the main gripe I've had with the series. You can omit the pregame if you want, but I like seeing stats during the game, not having to pause it to get to box scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »