Home

Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20?

This is a discussion on Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2019, 06:31 AM   #1
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

OVR: 0
Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20?

From all the videos I’ve seen online, it looks like Ernie, Shaq and Kenny are now at halftime only in 2K20? Anyone know or seen otherwise? Would be a shame to lose the pre-game show I think, since they also got rid of the post-game one too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20?

Good riddance

I akipped it every time.

Just wish they would let us skip the sorry *** half time show as well. Ernie and that nonsense suck

Now if Charles was there thats different.

But so tired of the TBS bull****
Old 08-26-2019, 09:41 AM   #3
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

I get that it’s not for everyone sure. I’m a big presentation guy when it comes to sports games though and having it in really added to the immersion I felt.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopheid
I get that it’s not for everyone sure. I’m a big presentation guy when it comes to sports games though and having it in really added to the immersion I felt.
It should be still there...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm a pretty big presentation guy myself, especially when it comes to playoff time. If anything, I hope they advance on to it. It doesn't need to be longer just needs more variety in terms of different stats and things being shown more often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Good riddance

I akipped it every time.

Just wish they would let us skip the sorry *** half time show as well. Ernie and that nonsense suck

Now if Charles was there thats different.

But so tired of the TBS bull****
I typically skip it too, especially since it's pretty generic and repetitive, but even if they took it out there would be some type of load screen there whether it's a pregame show or 2KTV. In that case I'd rather have a pregame show than to have 2ktv or a generic load screen before the game.

Question for some of the older 2K fans. I remember loving the presentation for NFL 2K5 with the Chris Berman pregame, halftime, and post game show and I was fine with watching it. Now is it nostalgia that has me remembering it so foundly or was it actually better than what we have now? I feel like NBA 2k's presentation is a little more generic and basic, at least in terms of dialogue, whereas NFL 2k5's felt a little bit more representative of a real broadcast and not just because of the ESPN license at the time, though it did help.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopheid
From all the videos I’ve seen online, it looks like Ernie, Shaq and Kenny are now at halftime only in 2K20? Anyone know or seen otherwise? Would be a shame to lose the pre-game show I think, since they also got rid of the post-game one too.
Every video that I have seen has started after the Ernie, Shaq and Kenny segment.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Question for some of the older 2K fans. I remember loving the presentation for NFL 2K5 with the Chris Berman pregame, halftime, and post game show and I was fine with watching it. Now is it nostalgia that has me remembering it so foundly or was it actually better than what we have now? I feel like NBA 2k's presentation is a little more generic and basic, at least in terms of dialogue, whereas NFL 2k5's felt a little bit more representative of a real broadcast and not just because of the ESPN license at the time, though it did help.
I think NBA 2K has caught up in a lot of regards but not all regards.

For one, NFL 2K5 had weekly episodes of SportsCenter with highlights from games across the league. Now, this worked because there's only 14 or so NFL games in any given week and the highlights were obviously just randomly generated but a highlights-driven weekly NBA episode could have still been pretty legit. In 2K5, it went a long ways toward breathing life into your league. Things looked and felt tangible outside of your own team.

NFL 2K5 also had special draft preview and free agency episodes, injury reports from around the league, pre-game and post-game interviews (as NBA 2K has), and a smorgasbord of sensible, immersive cut scenes (ex: if a player suffered an injury mid-game, you might see a cut to them riding a stationary bike later in the game just prior to a kickoff).

I tip my cap to all the nuts and bolts NBA 2K and its franchise mode have provided over the years but there's still so much more room for real deal immersion. Right now, the extent of our franchise mode world immersion comes in the form of random tweets on a home screen.

Even starting with something like an NBA Game of the Week, where Kenny, Shaq, and Ernie show highlights of a pre-chosen game while discussing the outcome and stats would be cool. Or anything to make the pre-game discussions to feel more immediate, customized, and real.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-26-2019 at 03:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »