Home

NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2020, 09:43 PM   #881
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStark1964
I've bought this game since the Dreamcast days and this will absolutely be my last purchase until I see huge improvement in the area of online h2h simulation game-play...I prefer simulation h2h online play and IMO this game is impossible to play online in a realistic/simulation manner. Therefore, given my preferred mode and style of play this game is worthless to me. Pretty graphics and animations can only go so far...at some point there has to be substance and this game has zero substance relative to simulation game-play or lack thereof.

I've fell for the 2k Okee Doke for many years and now I've finally reached the limit/breaking point. I can only hope the upcoming next gen consoles resolve some of the issues but for now I'm no longer spending one dime on 2k.
I'll say this, it's hard to please everybody. As one poster said, you got communities and both are passionate about the game. The issue is 2k bends over backwards to the spend till I am broke crowd and their never satisfied. Guys are going to cheese, 2k is too anal about it in my view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2020, 08:39 AM   #882
MVP

OVR: 19

months after release, I still can not fully enjoy 2k20.

2k needs to fix the defense in this game. there is no reason that when you switch to control a player on defense, said player automatically runs in the opposite direction or faces the opposite direction of the player that they are supposed to be defending.

I know Ive posted this before. I actually stopped playing for a while. I just thought it would have been patched by now.

this issue should have been patched.

offline modes- pc version
Old 05-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #883
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I have really enjoyed the game but I agree about defence. There is too much sliding and it gives the offense too much of an edge. Madden kind of sucks that way too (although I have given up on that game the last few years).

I wish defence had a “quick or hard step” button where I could at least cut hard one way to cut someone off or stop sliding. It’s just too slippery to guard people one in one imo.

Some pet peeves on top of sliding:
*baseline drives too easy. Defenders need to guard that better.
*in game injuries still pretty much non-existent.
*players near the 3 point line still set up on the line too much. The long two is terrible! Stop it!
*the DHO is very prevalent now and it needs to be implemented better
*if in the corner with the ball and you call for a screen a defender will sag or play under defence way too much. They should aggressively deny the cupcake 3.
*useage for star players seems a bit off this year. If there is more than one great player sometimes one tends to dominate the shot chart. Stretch bigs tend to take the hit.
*I’d like to see more signature animations like the Harden step back.
*rebounding ratings felt skewed a bit too much towards height. I should play some classic Rodman games to see if he got enough tho.
*challenging calls on PS4, if won, always results in a cut scene playing out too long and I can’t see the resulting jump ball.
*chemistry can be fixed with sliders but that and morale were too extreme imo.
*teams tend to undervalue first round picks in trades a bit too much imo (I know there are some franchise sliders that can help)

I do want to say I think the game is great. Franchise mode is a lot of fun. I love the variety of announcers and gameplay overall. I thought 2K18 was too offensive driven and 2K19 far too defensive with nearly every player able to clamp down on drives. This game feels like a good mix. Ratings really mattered this year on defence although the sliding can be problematic. Looking forward to next gen.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 05-24-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:53 AM   #884
Rookie

OVR: 0

Offline myleague player here. A few bugbears:

Steals
Just awful, so lazily implemented. A few highlights:

- Running a pick and roll, and the roller then turns his back on the passer and runs directly behind a defender, so the pass gets intercepted.

- Passes literally changing direction in midair to go to an intercepting defender.

- CPU defenders sticking out a hand and catching your pass, rather than the ball being tipped. It just looks shocking.

- Bump steals, made worse by the fact the CPU can put its head down and constantly drive into defenders without losing the ball.

Blocks
- No issue with the ball going back to the offensive team after a block as this happens a lot in real life. The way it always goes back to them in a BETTER position to score is infuriating, as is when you block to your own team mate but he seems immune to being able to actually react and take the ball.

- Too easy to block shots, especially with guards. Point guards should not be able to make highlight blocks on bigger players as often as they do.

Floaters/tear drops
- I laugh when Doris Burke says that not every player has the floater in his arsenal. EVERY CPU guard has the perfect floater. If I made a highlight tape of how many floaters the CPU made against me it would take me through to 2k22.

Passing
- Trying to make basic passes out of a layup. The drive, draw defenders, jump and then pass to an open guy is a pretty standard basketball play for a PG. Even if you try and pass to someone two metres away it is thrown into the stands, sometimes comically so.

- Same above but with double teams. The CPU has no issue passing out of double teams but I will throw a basic pass out of one to the other end of the court.

- Trying to make basic passes to guys on route to the basket and they take forever to catch it, or the pass is thrown way above their head so they have to jump and stop.

- Players running past the three point line, so you pass to them and they're not in a position to shoot despite being open. This is in contrast to the CPU who can have guys run out to the three point line, turn, catch and shoot within a millisecond.

Miscellaneous
- Seemingly every CPU set includes all their players bunching up at the top of the key, making it difficult to follow a defender. They're not even setting screens, they all just stand in a small area. Maddeningly effective.

- the CPU getting a defensive rebound and having players down the other end of the court in each corner before even my point guard has crossed halfway on D.

- Crafty dribblers changing direction, back and forth, side by side, for most of the shot clock. It's so jerky. Mike Conley is especially bad for this.

- How easy it is to get switches on the pick and roll. If I need a bucket I'll just call for a pick, go around it, wait for the CPU guard to switch and then score in the post with my big. There is no attempt whatsoever from the CPU to switch back.

- Similar to the above, the amount of times my own CPU team mates will switch on D. I've lost count of how many times I get set up on D, then look and one of my guards is on the low post defending the CPU centre. Also how often my big will stay up on a pick and roll and ignore the roller on the default defensive settings.

- Seemingly every second and third quarter starting with my C inbounding to my PF. Come on 2k.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #885
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

https://twitter.com/UniqueMazique/st...034913793?s=19

For the first time. I'm probably not getting 2K. Maybe until the next season starts. But it doesn't make sense right now with the current season still going. I hope everyone enjoys the new release

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #886
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yea I'm going to pass on 2k for now also the first time in a while. I'll look and see what the PS5 has to offer in November. I'm sure it will look better however I'm expecting it to be missing a lot of features and who knows if the rosters will even be ready.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »