Home

Thank you for bringing back charges

This is a discussion on Thank you for bringing back charges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #89
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Thank you for bringing back charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
I think I saw him get in charge position one other time, saw a different player attempt it as well. Doesn't happen 100% of the time, but I did notice it a few times in the players whose tendency I increased.

I wish we could communicate with someone at 2K about this so that they tweak things on their end, I don't feel like breaking the game sliders and ruining this great experience just to get these calls. I think it comes down to making the physical collisions actually mean something. That's been the theme in all of Kushmir's videos, defensive players get pushed out of the way even when they get to their spot before the offensive player. I like the offensive freedom players have but in the situations where a CPU defender gets to the spot before an offensive player, they should be able to draw contact. Or at the very least a blocking foul. We only need about 1 charge a game so it's not like we're calling for a huge change. But we would probably need 2 or 3 blocking fouls.

(I'm focusing on CPU because I know user's can trigger charges by pressing B)

I agree, I have seen in probably close to 20 games now, quite a few instances where there was physical contact and a player fell down, only to see no call at all. This shouldnt be happening, there has to be a charge or blocking foul called in these cases, when playing the CPU.

Personally I would think online players would want to risk reward of playing good D, and being able to draw a charge or a blocking foul. Maybe Im wrong and most all the online players are casual fans, who dont want realistic gameplay.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #90
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think it comes down to making the physical collisions actually mean something. That's been the theme in all of Kushmir's videos, defensive players get pushed out of the way even when they get to their spot before the offensive player. I like the offensive freedom players have but in the situations where a CPU defender gets to the spot before an offensive player, they should be able to draw contact. Or at the very least a blocking foul. We only need about 1 charge a game so it's not like we're calling for a huge change. But we would probably need 2 or 3 blocking fouls.

(I'm focusing on CPU because I know user's can trigger charges by pressing B)
Offensive freedom is good. But its worthless if not balanced with limits. Guys can't be turboing into defenders--that's what you love about H2H. If something is broken users will expose it really quickly.

Speaking of Blocking Fouls here's one below. Those AND charges were a huge part of 2K17...Its beyond me why they were removed from gameplay. I miss them horribly. We would see 2-3 a game online, sometimes MORE--it was glorious. I thought they were gonna expand on them as a mechanic that gave depth to perimeter mismatches...giving guys like Harden even more value aside from shot making.

Triggering Charges has never been enough--NOT NEARLY. Especially when guys can collide with your defender and draw fouls. Charges can't require a trigger...if the defender is in good position and someone plows into him? Offensive Foul.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-16-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #91
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

It just reminds me how well done they were in 2K17. Below is an annual DAL/PHI series me and a friend play. Go to the 13:30 mark and you can see a blocking foul essentially decides the game...Barnes' reaction is priceless:

Here's Dario drawing a charge on an out-of-control Mudiay in 2K17:

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-15-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #92
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This is Kristaps Porzingis closing out hard on Jayson Tatum (me) and knocking him out of bounds, no call. This happens A LOT. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuhXaSR4D1_QjFZ_hQHDGWZVoonU

This clip worries me on the defense glitch. I noted Tatum wasnt dribbling at all from the pick and yet the cpu (I presume) Onball defender retreated and Kristap closed out on him. I saw many of these glitches in 19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Here's Dario drawing a charge on an out-of-control Mudiay in 2K17:

17 .... one of my favourites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #93
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Simmons HAS to sit down and draw this charge. He can take two steps to the right reducing Giannis to no driving lanes and wait--instead he bails him out with a foul. Here's another instance where we can teach guys the game and get them to lay off turbo:

Guys like Giannis and Simmons and are too good on this game because Offensive Fouls/getting in position largely do not exist.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Simmons HAS to sit down and draw this charge. He can take two steps to the right reducing Giannis to no driving lanes and wait--instead he bails him out with a foul. Here's another instance where we can teach guys the game and get them to lay off turbo:

Guys like Giannis and Simmons and are too good on this game because Offensive Fouls/getting in position largely do not exist.
Definitely should be more charges called in the game but Ben Simmons drew a grand total of 0 charges last year lol
Old 09-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #95
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Definitely should be more charges called in the game but Ben Simmons drew a grand total of 0 charges last year lol
You lost me. I'm talking about the way they can drive into the paint and never be called for an offensive foul.

A charge isn't like a player's ability to hit a three. If the guy is being overaggressive and the defense i sin position? VOILA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
You lost me. I'm talking about the way they can drive into the paint and never be called for an offensive foul.

A charge isn't like a player's ability to hit a three. If the guy is being overaggressive and the defense i sin position? VOILA.
Aw my bad I thought you meant Simmons should have tried to draw a charge in the video you posted

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »