Home

NBA 2K20 Gameplay Deep Dive

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Gameplay Deep Dive within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K20 Gameplay Deep Dive

By now, basketball gamers have been dribbling, shooting and passing their way through NBA 2K20 for...

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K20 Gameplay Deep Dive

Good read. Might be the first article to truly focus on basketball instead of the gimmicks.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Great read. Totally agree on the pass/catch mechanism.

Another one that I hate but I'm not sure is the footwork on catches off of a down screen. Last year the catcher would catch and turn the wrong way giving the defender a chance to recover before you have a chance to get a shot off.

Basically that old Rip Hamilton/JJ Reddick coming off a down-screen and pulling a jumper lead to guys planting with their outside foot instead of the inside, and pivoting away from the basket
Old 09-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Great write up.

While I'm enjoying the gameplay, Offensive rebounding is definitely a pain point. Seem's like every other year we revert back to it being more of a jumping contest than guys getting bodies on each other. It's rough this year.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
Pro

Basketball is not some binary game. Just because someone misses an easy laypup while someone else makes a more difficult one, doesn't mean that something is wrong. They have to include the human element into the game in order for it to be realistic. If every easy layup was made and every difficult layup missed, then something would be wrong!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 11:37 PM   #6
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14

This reads like an extremely brief "deep dive"? Perhaps by someone that mostly only plays My Player centred stuff? Ugh....

Also, did the writer ever watch James Harden last year? Pretttttty damn good Defense and in the top 3 in steals in the league lol.. He is actually one of the best post defenders in the league for his size and also damn good at keeping a man in front of him..Check the advanced metrics if you want to confirm...

Cheap shots are easy to take though i guess. I expect a bit more from an OS article after being around a while.

Last edited by RainZ; 09-07-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:19 AM   #7
Pro

The true test for me will be MyLeague. I play MyCareer and MyTeam only until I feel comfortable enough with rosters and a slider set to start MyLeague. I'm ok with the other modes so far but they're never why I buy the game. I've noticed a bit of wonkyness with the controls that I'm sure will be patched. I'm undecided on if I like the changes to badges and the mypoint system. In a way it seems like more of a grind (2K trying to force us to buy VC). I don't like that going to the gym is boosts now and doesn't go towards badges. Plus you can only go once a week. Kinda silly. I'd rather see them make the workouts more fun. Too much of The Neighborhood is the same. I'd prefer if look completely different every year.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:35 AM   #8
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
My problem with NBA 2k is this, *size matters and it’s never really been fixed. Go grab a couple centers who are 7’ plus and you’re fine in rebounding and D.*

Dont be an IT type PG because you’ll get swatted at the rim no matter how creative you are. It leads to a pretty similar run of team creation and play. I used to be a die hard day one, but same stuff year over year with those two aspects really hurt it for me.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »