Home

Why Do Players Off Ball Stay Out of Position?? [emoji35]

This is a discussion on Why Do Players Off Ball Stay Out of Position?? [emoji35] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Why Do Players Off Ball Stay Out of Position??

So when I get double-teamed as a center I go to kick out to my guard who is good at shooting the 3. For some unknown reason, they are camped out way behind the 3-pt line and far out of ranges. By the time I get them in range, the defense recovers in time.

This also happens with bigs. Someone drives to the hoop then gets double-teamed, and instead of remaining open in the paint or for a close shot, they drift far back to the 3 point line almost and far out of position.

This is infuriating! Is this the CPU’s way of cheesing to make it easier for the CPU defense? Is this some kind of bug? Or is there a setting I need to fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why Do Players Off Ball Stay Out of Position??

I think there are some options to make players move or stay still during a double team.

There is a double team option in one of the settings menu and a play action button for breaking double teams. I need to experiment with them to see how they work but these should solve your issue.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
So when I get double-teamed as a center I go to kick out to my guard who is good at shooting the 3. For some unknown reason, they are camped out way behind the 3-pt line and far out of ranges. By the time I get them in range, the defense recovers in time.

This also happens with bigs. Someone drives to the hoop then gets double-teamed, and instead of remaining open in the paint or for a close shot, they drift far back to the 3 point line almost and far out of position.

This is infuriating! Is this the CPU’s way of cheesing to make it easier for the CPU defense? Is this some kind of bug? Or is there a setting I need to fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I notice the same thing. I play with the Warriors and Steph is constantly double teamed (this is a bug that according to Scott OG should be addressed in the next few days). However, when the double team initiates the all my AI teammates just stand around with no one cutting to the basket or looking for open space.

I’ve always felt the CPU double team in this game is a crutch to try and keep the game competitive.

Hoping Scott OG reduces the double teams dramatically. Personally, I’d prefer an option to disable them.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I think it's a legacy issue but tendencies play a role also.
More importantly directional passing will really put players out of position too.

It does upset me when my player is doubled near the paint and the teammate just stands there instead of cutting to the basket for an easy bucket.
Double teams happen in the NBA and shouldn't be taken out but in 2K players seem to go dumb.

I know it's a video game but situational passes are needed and important.

Last edited by keshunleon; 09-08-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I think there are some options to make players move or stay still during a double team.

There is a double team option in one of the settings menu and a play action button for breaking double teams. I need to experiment with them to see how they work but these should solve your issue.

Thanks. I will look for it but let us know what you find as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »