Home

Old 09-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #25
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The uproar on Twitter about 2K20

Welp, so much for not tweaking gameplay. Literally the two best things about the game, they changed.

I might be done with 2K going forward because we're fighting a losing battle. Most people in this community don't want to play basketball....they want arcadey, cheesy gameplay because its "fun". With all the negative press on Twitter, the devs then get pressured by the execs who know absolutely nothing about gameplay and tell them to change it. It's a losing battle boys and we are out numbered.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #26
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

Welp the update messed up the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #27
MVP

itrey25's Arena

I just hope they bring back shot timing and be able to use different dribbling combos and animations, I hate that they have it one category this year
NFL Oakland Raiders

PSN: HibachiXx
Old 09-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #28
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If there was a speed/stamina increase, it hasn't affected the infrastructure of the game yet (IMO). I'm more worried about them touching some other things.
I'll be playing it all night tonight after I get off work, so I'll find out if it was really changed.

After playing this weekend, the speed was PERFECT if you play BOTH sides of the ball. The speed was fast enough that GOOD dribblers (Irving, Fox, Harden) can blow past you it the user is paying attention to how the defender is leaning or moving. HOWEVER, it was slow enough that an user who likes to play OTB defense can anticipate the dribblers' moves and get a clean steal with good timing. Man, my OTB steals was crucial in PNO when I was using Victor Oladipo and Malcolm Brogdon. The game speed gave you TRUE read and react gameplay.

NOW, we're back to the ballhandlers randomly using dribble moves and multiple screens to break down the defender while the OTB user has to make "educated guesses" on the steal attempts.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #29
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If there was a speed/stamina increase, it hasn't affected the infrastructure of the game yet (IMO). I'm more worried about them touching some other things.
24th is right guys, I played a game after the update and Harris was in the high 60s stamina the whole time because I overplayed him in the 1st half. I had to call 2 timeouts in the 4th to keep him around 69-73.

Now I cant say if he'd have tangible effects of low stamina but he was definitely tired. Lets wait and see what gameplay tells us.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #30
MVP

eaterofworlds888's Arena

OVR: 22

I love this community

I hate Twitter and Reddit

...that's all I have to say.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #31
Banned

The people that dont like it can just go back to 2K19 and stop crying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #32
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

Welp, so much for not tweaking gameplay. Literally the two best things about the game, they changed.

I might be done with 2K going forward because we're fighting a losing battle. Most people in this community don't want to play basketball....they want arcadey, cheesy gameplay because its "fun". With all the negative press on Twitter, the devs then get pressured by the execs who know absolutely nothing about gameplay and tell them to change it. It's a losing battle boys and we are out numbered.
I'm going to start unsubscribing from some YouTubers...Agent 00 actually pissed me off this weekend with his latest video about the game speed being "slow".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »