Home

Difference between MyLeague 19 vs 20 other than gameplay

This is a discussion on Difference between MyLeague 19 vs 20 other than gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Difference between MyLeague 19 vs 20 other than gameplay

Other than the latest roster, I really don’t see many changes in MyLeague. Here are my observation so far:

The Shot Under the Basket bug is still happening during progression during every offseason

Created players in each draft class are still poorly created. Dark skin, blue eyes, and red haired player while randomly possible, should not happen in bunches every year. It seems like the developer just used some generic randomizer to determine the appearance of each auto created player. That is just lazy and inexcusable for a game NOT in its first year.

Almost every real player in a historical draft class has the same prime beginning and end at 25 and 31 years old, respectively as last year. So for a 90+ OVR player, they will become irrelevant and off a team’s roster at around age 36-37. So this ignores players like Jordan or Karl Malone who retired later than that. (38 and 40, respectively.)

G-League players progress way too much as in last year’s version. This may not be a bug but is definitely poorly thought out by the developers. Yes, players should progress but not to a point where they are borderline All-Stars. It can happen IRL but not to a point where they play in the G League and enter free agency asking for 25mil per season when they haven’t even played an NBA game. Either G-league progression needs to be revealed after free agency so they can sign at a realistic contract or lower G-League progression completely. The way it is now crowds out similarly rated free agent players who have actually shown their ability to play in the NBA.

Player mentorship is still broken. I have yet to see changes in player badges when assigned to a mentor. Maybe it’s happening but it’s occurring so slightly I have a hard time noticing. If it’s working, I would like some details so I know what to expect. For example can I expect my non shooting big man to become a HOF 3-pt master after learning from Steph Curry in a single season? Probably not. If so, then what should I expect? Alittle transparency would help here.

What other issues are still showing from last year? I regrettably already bought the game but if there are those who are waiting out to purchase with hopes these should be fixed, I figure this would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Difference between MyLeague 19 vs 20 other than gameplay

The new simulation stat sliders don't seem to do anything. I turned Close Shots and Mid Range shots all the way to zero and I saw no change in the teams shot chart at the end of the season. I hope a dev sees this
Old 09-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Difference between MyLeague 19 vs 20 other than gameplay

I don't have the G-League problem I had in 2k18. I haven't had it since then. 2k19, I had some players who were constantly taking a 13 point jump in 2k18 but not so much of late, it's been 4-9 points and that's highly depended on system fit

The draft classes are always a mess. That's been happening for over 18 years now as a 2k gamer.

My issues last year was the damn bugs. Stat bugs, players disappearing, historical stats disappearing or being assigned to other players, etc. That ruined it for me. They seemed to fix those issues.

Last edited by King Ken; 09-09-2019 at 03:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »