Home

How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

This is a discussion on How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I must be getting old, because the stupidity of some players just blows my mind. To be fair, I can understand why they would think that, but you would think that they should know better if they been playing the game for many years. They're basically looking at the meter as an overall direct indicator of their shot success. To them, 90% full means they had a 90% chance of hitting the shot presuming that it's completely wide open. The crazy part is that if we were to entertain that thinking, TECHNICALLY there was a 10% chance of missing...well, you missed. On Twitter, people are ready to march on 2K HQ.

And that’s 100% what people assume. They think the higher the bar is filled the higher chance of you making it.

I laugh when they say “full whites keep missing”

Like bro if it were a full white it would be green as the green window is at the top of the release.

A “full white” is either slightly early and underneath the free window or slightly late which means it filled the bar and bounced back down and passed the green window.

But it’s the fault of 2K for not spreading the right detailed information about their shotmeter

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I think full white bars are a glitch they can't fix. Honestly what's the point of a full white bar? Shouldn't it be slight early if it's not pefect?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

The bar is not actually full that’s the thing.
The bar goes to the top and bounces back down. With the green window being at the top(a full bar)

If you’re slightly early you missed the green window slightly as the meter filled.

If you’re slightly late you passed the green window and the meter is on its way back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2019, 12:24 AM   #75
Rookie

I think non-green shots should get a slight buff. Right now, I'm playing a CAP in MyLeague, with 70 3pt. That should net me around 30% 3pt%, according to players like Monk or Westbrook, especially since I have catch and shoot, and only shoot open shots. However, I'm right around 17%, and won't go higher. I get mostly slightly early/late releases, too.

In pratice mode, I barely make 2/10 attempts, mainly from greens. Feels too low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2019, 01:25 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What's your opinion?

Too hard?

Too easy?

Just right how it is?
we don't Nox Vidmate VLC fear shooters outside Golden State the way we should. The early meta online is "play zone since guys can't make you pay." and that can't be a thing...this is the NBA.

Last edited by hailekhysen; 10-10-2019 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:10 AM   #77
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Sorry guys but im not feeling the whole green or bust theme this year with shooting....This is probably the most frustrating 2k i've ever played shooting wise lol (online that is)....

Last edited by swac07; 09-28-2019 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
Like bro if it were a full white it would be green as the green window is at the top of the release.

I thought you couldn't green every time, like there was a mechanic that made it so. If that's true, then it would make sense to have full whites missing more than they should, because it would be a decided green miss. Opposed to a v slight early or v slight late release that wouldn't be bound by those rules.

Or did they change the way greens work?

-Smak
Old 12-20-2019, 07:49 PM   #79
Rookie

Honestly idk if it’s the many patches that has happened these last few weeks but shooting is definitely a lot easier. I’m getting green releases literally on command with any team I play with. 🤷🏾*♂️🤷🏾*♂️🤷🏾*♂️🤷🏾*♂️🤷🏾*♂️
Old 12-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 7

Everyone is. The shooting defiantly better than Live lol. I popped it in just to see what's it like now. And the shooting in comparison to 2k was terrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Collins
Honestly idk if it’s the many patches that has happened these last few weeks but shooting is definitely a lot easier. I’m getting green releases literally on command with any team I play with. *****
Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »