Home

Is this the most problems we've had with a NBA 2k game at launch? (online related)

This is a discussion on Is this the most problems we've had with a NBA 2k game at launch? (online related) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Is this the most problems we've had with a NBA 2k game at launch? (online related)

Im' not an online guy, so I don't play my career or my team usually until later in the year when Im' ready to get my fix, I usually just play 5 on 5 with my friends on blacktop or the quick games on the couch. I've heard there's a lot of problems online this year, moreso than previous years? Are you in agreement with that statement or is it pretty much the norm for a launch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is this the most problems we've had with a NBA 2k game at launch? (online related

It's pretty much the norm for launch but this years issues were much more severe it seems. No badge progress and getting 0 rep for playing hurt a lot of people. Launch was just as bad in 2k18 when people players were disappearing and they weren't able to get them back.

Some of the features that were suppose to be in the game weren't and that pissed a lot of folks off as well.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: Is this the most problems we've had with a NBA 2k game at launch? (online related

I believe 2K14 had the worst launch, as the game was largely completely unplayable because of server issues.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I believe 2K14 had the worst launch, as the game was largely completely unplayable because of server issues.
VC to unlock legends in Blacktop Mode

SMDH
Old 09-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
Banned

2k doesnt test the game

they just release it and let the community tell them what the bugs are
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
how long until it was fixed?
Old 09-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

The worst launch had either 2k10 or 2k12. The online leagues were not working (with not working I mean that you were not able to even start a game!) for half a year in each iteration. In 2k12 they even brought back the 2k11 servers until january, so we could continue our league on 2k11.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

2k14 next gen (when Xbox One and PS4 gen kicked off) was the worst for me, and not even close, that game was not only barebones but a beta itself...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »