Home

PNO Developer Feedback Project

This is a discussion on PNO Developer Feedback Project within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #9
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PNO Developer Feedback Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
To begin, the Online Experience needs a Commissioner who can see the balance, and tuning issues in each mode and make decisions regarding what needs to be done about them. This lets the devs focus on the work that they do but fosters a better interaction between 2K and its Community.

0. Scale Penalties - PNO is a scaled down version of an NBA game. Penalties must be to scale as well or you run the risk of losing balance and making the experience inauthentic. Teams should be in penalty on the 3rd foul and a player is disqualified on the 4th foul.

1. A True Leaderboard based on multiple data points (most of them hidden to prevent manipulation) that weighs wins, each team's value, quits, disconnection percentage and a number of other metrics. The leaderboard should also have a web portal with a search function. Players like to see their progress and that of their friends and rivals--and access info like scouting reports and other useful data you can access for VC.

1. An NBA queue where people can play teams from any tier--I echo others frustration with playing the same 3-4 teams a year. Think of this as the "deep end of the pool."

2. Keep the tier system for people who prefer to play teams of a similar power level. Think of this as the pool's shallow end.

3. The Ability to patch PNO separately from other modes. This works best for the game in general, sometimes an issue with one mode has no impact on the other and only hurts the necessary balance.

4. A separate queue for Classic teams.

5. An online roster/rotation so we can edit our playbooks, rotations and depth chart offline. This saves time in online matches and is simply more efficient.

6. A system that allows both users to make changes when one player pauses.

7. A High Stakes Queue where users can.....hmmm, maybe i'll wait to make this suggestion, I know it will probably be controversial. This is the 30ft deep area lol.

8. Incentivize players with numerous monthly online tourneys throughout the year with extra VC, Loot and rewards for winning games.

9. All options (Transition Defense, Stay Attached) included in the timeout menu so we don't have to use our pauses.

10. No More Mirror Matches. 🛑

11. Give each team an assigned value so that wins with the highest rated team give you 1pt towards ranking and not many rewards, but wins with the worst? Those give you 30pts with significant loot. EVERYONE LOVES LOOT.

Yes, I definitely agree with you about having a Commissioner that will oversee things regarding about (Play Now Online)
1. Leaderboard is a good thought and a better way to see your stats is by having 2K implement a script that will allow your overall record be show on NBA2K20 App. If you remember whenever you create a player in my career all of his stats do show up on your mobile app because it’s all “LINK” by your email and user name on PS4.

2. I don’t like it but I know it will never go away and that’s the Tier system! So, since it will never leave allow user to use 1 team to progress thru out the whole Tier System. So example NBA2K20 Tier 1 Brooklyn Nets. Wins all 3 games in Tier 1. Now going into Tier 2 a pop up window indicating do you want to use this current team to play out games in Tier 2 (yes or no).

3. Let’s be real Kush 2K will never separate the modes because it’s not feasible for them period.

4. Matchmaking – This one is truly a hard one to solved! But I can up with the suggestion that we should make games “ranked” vs unranked games! 2K have the biggest fans base that a lot of users play this game that just want to play without doing with a record and some are just all about being # 1. Now I would suggest the best way to get a good matchmaking going is finding the best search criteria for example. Team ranking, Win / Loss record, how many ranked games vs unranked games,

If you don’t like ranked vs unranked games change the selection what NHL 19 does if someone want to play vs someone it is “competitive”, with all NHL rules and regelation or if they want just a “casual” game with less penalty and stuff. By choosing the last one this feature doesn’t affect your overall record

5. Ok here we go Each NBA League as you see below.

First, if you’re going to keep the same format increase the VC x2 in freshman and so onward it will increase 3x in JV, 4x Varsity, 5x JC, 6x in College, and so far. Also for every level why don’t 2K add a Special My Player Card would increase the incentive for playing this mode and carrying it over to the next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (86.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (60.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 09-20-2019, 03:31 PM   #10
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
1.Leaderboard is a good thought and a better way to see your stats is by having 2K implement a script that will allow your overall record be show on NBA2K20 App. If you remember whenever you create a player in my career all of his stats do show up on your mobile app because it’s all “LINK” by your email and user name on PS4.
I can dig it. They need a website as well tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
3. Let’s be real Kush 2K will never separate the modes because it’s not feasible for them period.
I dunno man....Next gen? New Hardware? "Patch parts of our game separately" would be first on my list of wants as a developer/corporate...especially after THIS launch.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #11
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with quite a bit of the items already mentioned in this thread thus far.

* Personally, I say keep the tier system, but merely give us the option to expand the search to include all teams. Oh yeah...the option that hasn't worked since NBA 2K17. If anything, I wouldn't be against an advanced matchmaking where you can select teams that you DON'T want to play against. Be able to choose which teams you want to play against would just encourage cherry-picking of opponents.

* Separate lobbies. I would like to see unranked lobby where ALL the teams are unlocked, and we have the matchmaking from NBA 2K18. The ranked matches should have two modes. One mode where UI information (shot meter, shot feedback, icons, etc) is available, and another mode where you have ZERO UI information (including playart).

* 6 minute quarters!!!!! There was a year where quarters was 6 minutes, but then we went back to 5 minutes the next year.

* Allow us to make certain offline changes (rosters, playbooks, etc) where they would carry over to online games.

* Give us the ability to back out of matches, because I actually prefer blind matchmaking.

* Give us the ability to review our stats like we used to back in NBA 2K9. Back then, we could see our Top 3 used teams, overall game stats, our individual scouting report, and game accomplishments/records like which player scored the most points in a single game.

*Give us the ability to review the stats of our last 10 previously played game (a feature that we used to have) and opponents.

*Player of the Game highlights like NBA 2K11. We used to be able to see highlight reels of individual players from the box score section.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »