Home

PNO Developer Feedback Project

This is a discussion on PNO Developer Feedback Project within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2019, 01:59 AM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Ok Gang,

We got many of our ideas/wishlists to the development team via the #SimNation Developer Feedback Thread last year. We've gotten wind of a redesign for PNO for next year so that's what this thread is for.

Many of us are disappointed with what seemed like a copy/paste for the Play Now Online in 2K20--here's where we contribute to making it better. This thread is for documenting the great ideas we all have. Please include detailed descriptions, videos, images etc.

*Readers and lurkers, please like the ideas you think would work best.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: PNO Developer Feedback Project

Team select screen AFTER match up has been made.

Ability to back out at any point at this stage.

A fluid lobby system where once you back out, you can automatically search for a new opponent straight away, or if your opponent backs out, another user can now join your session - minimising clicking out, dashboarding, etc. the wait times for PNO games make them less appealing.

Have a smarter team rating system, that takes into account starting lineup, bench depth and then scheme fit. Let this determine tier/rewards during the game.

EG. I select the Phoenix Suns - I play vs Golden State Warriors - I should get tier points/VC for playing vs a team with much better attributes across the board. Losing doesn't negatively impact me, and winning yields much higher results.

I select Clippers and am playing vs Nets - Most of the tier points/VC go to the winner, as team ability is very similar. Losing can negatively impact tier points (but not VC payout)

Incentivise team choice diversity, don't force it.

Allow us to see our opponent's stats in the team select screen (so we can back out from cheesers) - DNF ratings etc.

The tier system should be eradicated and the 'tiers' should be formed by the individual team's rating.

You should get rewards like Classic Teams for hitting benchmarks in PNO - such as 5 game win streak, win 10 games as clear underdog (unlocks 2016 Cavs lol) rewarding people for playing with different teams, eras and taking on tough matchups WITHOUT forcing you to.

Also, please allow my coach settings to carry over from the rest of the game into PNO, and I'd love to be able to quickly import rotations from MyLeague into PNO. The games are too short to keep subbing players manually, and the rotations are completely disgraceful.

Maybe when the season starts they'll improve but right now you are begging to get blown out if you let the CPU do your rotations.

I'd love to have the ability to change accessory colours in PNO too with jersey selection.

You should also be able to block people you have played more than 5 times, in case you keep getting matched up with a cheeser or someone who is abusive over mic.

I'd also love if they could introduce a sim style PNO option, where you can look for longer quarter games vs randomers, that have a higher gameplay difficulty setting.

Bring back a classic ranking system that has rewards for daily, weekly and monthly leaderboard stats, and remove this league system entirely.

All Time Teams should be a separate mode or should be only available to play vs other All Time Teams. I love that they're in the game and playable, but being matched up with All Time Lakers when I am playing as the Wizards is just not fun and having to take an L to back out, or having to dashboard to not play that is also just a waste of my time.

For the love of god, just please burn the tier system they have now. It is awful.

Team rankings are all out of whack and it fundamentally ruins the mode purely because the structure restricts your ability to make informed decisions.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Bottom line.......I want to play with who I want/whenever I want. I don’t want to be forced to be used certain teams in order to league up.

If I want to just use the current raptors 200+ games and win that goat trophy, let me do so.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

The ability to back out from team select screen.

HOF level gameplay

Get rid of the tier system that doesn't allow us play against the other 24 teams, which NBA players get to actually play against. I hate facing the same 2-5 teams every year.

We need 6 minute quarters instead of the 5 we're given. This would allow everything to scale in half since an NBA game is 12 minutes.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ranked/unranked modes, please. If you're going to keep a tier system, at least have a mode where we can go and have fun/experiment with different teams without having to worry about a record. The unranked is where you could allow All-Time teams, because that should be nowhere near PNO. If people want to use a team with only 80-90 rated stars, they can go to MyTeam.

Also, instead of putting the scouting report on the loading screen (where there isn't enough time to actually study it), how about putting it at the team select, instead? If you're going to give us the information, at least make it so that we actually have time to look at it. Even if it's just a quick 15 second look, it will at least give us more time to properly gameplan against an opponent.

Also, I wouldn't mind an extra minute before games to set the defensive/offensive settings that we usually need to pause the game for. Trying to navigate clunky menus in the middle of a possession, or quickly do it during a timeout is not that intuitive. Giving us the option to actually set a gameplan before starting the game would make things a bit more player friendly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #6
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

To begin, the Online Experience needs a Commissioner who can see the balance, and tuning issues in each mode and make decisions regarding what needs to be done about them. This lets the devs focus on the work that they do but fosters a better interaction between 2K and its Community.

0. Scale Penalties - PNO is a scaled down version of an NBA game. Penalties must be to scale as well or you run the risk of losing balance and making the experience inauthentic. Teams should be in penalty on the 3rd foul and a player is disqualified on the 4th foul.

1. A True Leaderboard based on multiple data points (most of them hidden to prevent manipulation) that weighs wins, each team's value, quits, disconnection percentage and a number of other metrics. The leaderboard should also have a web portal with a search function. Players like to see their progress and that of their friends and rivals--and access info like scouting reports and other useful data you can access for VC.

1. An NBA queue where people can play teams from any tier--I echo others frustration with playing the same 3-4 teams a year. Think of this as the "deep end of the pool."

2. Keep the tier system for people who prefer to play teams of a similar power level. Think of this as the pool's shallow end.

3. The Ability to patch PNO separately from other modes. This works best for the game in general, sometimes an issue with one mode has no impact on the other and a patch only hurts the necessary balance.

4. A separate queue for Classic teams.

5. An online roster/rotation so we can edit our playbooks, rotations and depth chart offline. This saves time in online matches and is simply more efficient.

6. A system that allows both users to make changes when one player pauses.

7. A High Stakes Queue where users can.....hmmm, maybe i'll wait to make this suggestion, I know it will probably be controversial. This is the 30ft deep area lol.

8. Incentivize players with numerous monthly online tourneys throughout the year with extra VC, Loot and rewards for winning games.

9. All options (Transition Defense, Stay Attached) included in the timeout menu so we don't have to use our pauses.

10. No More Mirror Matches. 🛑

11. Give each team an assigned value so that wins with the highest rated team give you 1pt towards ranking and not many rewards, but wins with the worst? Those give you 30pts with significant loot. EVERYONE LOVES LOOT.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-28-2019 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:21 PM   #7
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

OVR: 0

Matchmaking in Player Control needs some serious work. All you really have to do is track the player's teammate grade.

I constantly get matched up with dudes that are TRYING to get the worst grade possible. I always have a high grade. At some point I shouldn't get matched with those types of players.

I have to quit out of so many games because of players like this.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #8
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
We need 6 minute quarters instead of the 5 we're given. This would allow everything to scale in half since an NBA game is 12 minutes.
Damn this is such an underrated point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »