Home

The "Were They Drunk?" Thread. A Listing of Odd Changes That Have You Asking.

This is a discussion on The "Were They Drunk?" Thread. A Listing of Odd Changes That Have You Asking. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The "Were They Drunk?" Thread. A Listing of Odd Changes That Have You Asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Probably missing another few handfuls but -

Making us go to the ProAM arena thru the neighborhood instead of giving us a menu

Not letting us set our positions in ProAM

Not letting us assign simple roles like tech FT shooter, who takes ball up court, inbounder, whatever

Not letting us play ProAM 3v3 without the owner (or whatever bug this is)

Not having proper skill rankings/mmr/something like that for ProAM at least

Having jumpshots that have different green windows. Only difference should be speed and cosmetics, or something of that effect

Not letting us change our defensive assignments in ProAM (I think? I guess I haven't tested it out in '20)

Also, seconding whoever mentioned that we need to watch the end of each half. Whoever made that decision can screw off, thanks for wasting my time

Keeping the Neighborhood in general

THIIIIS X 1000. Such a simple concept but has somehow never been brought up. I can't stand having to dribble up court with a SG or SF because my point guard assumes I got it. No thank you Mo Harkless. Dame, come get the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #26
Rookie

Re: The "Were They Drunk?" Thread. A Listing of Odd Changes That Have You Asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgardner
THIIIIS X 1000. Such a simple concept but has somehow never been brought up. I can't stand having to dribble up court with a SG or SF because my point guard assumes I got it. No thank you Mo Harkless. Dame, come get the ball.
Also how you literally have to inbound a center or PF because anyone else is simply incapable of doing it for some reason? They'll take the 4 seconds to switch positions and hand the ball to each other instead of getting the ball in and passing it back.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:26 PM   #27
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

When searching for rosters, draft classes, or player DNA (as well as naming them) you have to enter a minimum of four characters. It was three last year, why change it to four? This accomplishes nothing but inconvenience.

For example last year when looking through custom rosters, I could simply search '199' and I would basically get results from 1990-1999. Can't do that any more, gotta search for years one by one. I am so annoyed with this.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #28
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No, it's not if it can't be saved. That means before every online. I'm rushing not only for defensive settings. I'm also rushing through my favorite plays. By the time I'm done there is only a little time for adjustments during the game. And then having to assign those playsv to certain players. Yeah if you play offline. That's sounds great. I'm not saying it's not an improvement. It should of been a option. And then explained.
That's why I don't do it. I need atleast 3 pauses if the opponent is ELITE level since stuff like STAY ATTACHED isn't on the timeout menu. Pick/Pop can beat you on a last possession but you dont want to have your center following Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol out to the 3pt line unless he HAS to.

we got 3 minutes--ain't nobody got time to be setting up favorite plays.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #29
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke11
When searching for rosters, draft classes, or player DNA (as well as naming them) you have to enter a minimum of four characters. It was three last year, why change it to four? This accomplishes nothing but inconvenience.

For example last year when looking through custom rosters, I could simply search '199' and I would basically get results from 1990-1999. Can't do that any more, gotta search for years one by one. I am so annoyed with this.
Really? How did someone consciously program this change and not think of that effect? We all know how copy and pasted these games are so how in the heck was that not just kept the same.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

When you do an expansion team and start during the season, you can’t realign the divisions. The CPU put my two expansion teams in the same conference.....
Old 09-24-2019, 12:24 PM   #31
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No, it's not if it can't be saved. That means before every online. I'm rushing not only for defensive settings. I'm also rushing through my favorite plays. By the time I'm done there is only a little time for adjustments during the game. And then having to assign those playsv to certain players. Yeah if you play offline. That's sounds great. I'm not saying it's not an improvement. It should of been a option. And then explained.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Saving it would definitely be nice. I'm just saying that this glitch makes me glad I take the time to do it before games.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #32
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
That's why I don't do it. I need atleast 3 pauses if the opponent is ELITE level since stuff like STAY ATTACHED isn't on the timeout menu. Pick/Pop can beat you on a last possession but you dont want to have your center following Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol out to the 3pt line unless he HAS to.

we got 3 minutes--ain't nobody got time to be setting up favorite plays.
It costs me under a minute to set favorite plays and change communication to defense only. I have the other two minutes for adjustments as I need them throughout the game.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »