Home

NBA wants update players height

This is a discussion on NBA wants update players height within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #49
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA wants update players height

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No one ****ing cares lol. It doesn't matter. These are ballers. This isn't the WWF lol. Yeah there been a few players people have wondered about. They have been posted picture of players standing next to players for years . Blah Blahl lol.

For the most part none of this is ground breaking. Some players have been off by a few inches. But Don what I've seen. Nothing is shocking if you watch and seen these guys play. JJ Bera being change from 6'to 5'10 isn't making him turn from a rebounding guard to playmaking guard LMAO.

Wake up people lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I have to disagree. In a video game, height is important. If Bagley is really 6'8", then people are not going to play him at the center position like they do now, and Turner becomes that more impactful on defense at 6'11".

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No one ****ing cares lol. It doesn't matter. These are ballers. This isn't the WWF lol. Yeah there been a few players people have wondered about. They have been posted picture of players standing next to players for years . Blah Blahl lol.

For the most part none of this is ground breaking. Some players have been off by a few inches. But Don what I've seen. Nothing is shocking if you watch and seen these guys play. JJ Bera being change from 6'to 5'10 isn't making him turn from a rebounding guard to playmaking guard LMAO.

Wake up people lol

We can't say we want realism and not have the real heights.
I want it to be as realistic as possible.

I get what you're saying because I update all players height and weight in the rosters I use.

What suck is 2K's antiquated wingspans.

Just use actual sizes, 7'4" wingspan.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #51
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I have to disagree. In a video game, height is important. If Bagley is really 6'8", then people are not going to play him at the center position like they do now, and Turner becomes that more impactful on defense at 6'11".

wait, Turners height is nothing New, isnt it? i. think He was listed 6-11 since He was drafted.

im General you are right. regarding nba 2k height is very important. the hasheem thabeets of the World are gods in nba 2k, just because they are tall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #52
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

NBA.com is updating the heights. Guess we have to keep checking with them until an actual article come out about the listed new heights. My thing is.....is the measurement without shoes?

https://www.nba.com/players/kevin/durant/201142

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U

Last edited by cmebfresh; 10-05-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
NBA.com is updating the heights. Guess we have to keep checking with them until an actual article come out about the listed new heights. My thing is.....is the measurement without shoes?

https://www.nba.com/players/kevin/durant/201142
This may answer your question.

The NBA has reportedly given a mandate this season that all players be listed at their actual heights -- without shoes on. Because shoes generally add an inch or so, it makes logical sense that Williamson would now measure at 6-6 instead of 6-7.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/p...ke-per-report/
Old 10-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #54
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
wait, Turners height is nothing New, isnt it? i. think He was listed 6-11 since He was drafted.

im General you are right. regarding nba 2k height is very important. the hasheem thabeets of the World are gods in nba 2k, just because they are tall.
Honestly, I thought Turner was always listed at 6'11". I don't think they adjusted the heights yet in the roster.

Old 10-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #55
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
We can't say we want realism and not have the real heights.
I want it to be as realistic as possible.

I get what you're saying because I update all players height and weight in the rosters I use.

What suck is 2K's antiquated wingspans.

Just use actual sizes, 7'4" wingspan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

I just want players to play like they play in really life. That's all I care about. It's the only thing I care about. Someone like an IT. Remember threads of this guy. How to use IT lol. But a guy like Bagley plays like someone who's 6-10. A big offense rebounder. Guys like Barkley and Allen Iverson. And we are beyond the days of JR Smith being as good as LeBron James . That's because ratings have become so diversed.

I'm not trying to ruin anybody's "correct height party". I'm just saying some of these height changes don't change the players. They shouldn't effect their games. Someone like Z-Bo (Who my game is basically modelled after in real life). Just because he's actually 6-5 and not the 6-9 he's been listed at his whole life.

I think someone said this already. The only thing I would care about is wingspan.

But Bagley should be able to play center just like he would in real life. He's height shouldn't change that.

And height coded things like scoring under the basket can change things.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-05-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2019, 03:30 AM   #56
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
This may answer your question.

The NBA has reportedly given a mandate this season that all players be listed at their actual heights -- without shoes on. Because shoes generally add an inch or so, it makes logical sense that Williamson would now measure at 6-6 instead of 6-7.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/p...ke-per-report/
I was just about to reiterate this. There are some players who will need to be updated (ie: JJ Barea - 5’11”), but LeBron being listed at 6’7” w/o shoes is accurate, because it equates to 6’8” w/shoes on. With shoes is the only measurement 2K abides by.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »