Home

Best-Worst and Worst-Best Players?

This is a discussion on Best-Worst and Worst-Best Players? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best-Worst and Worst-Best Players?

Always find it interesting on games that I can sometimes tear it up with guys who are lowly rated, and likewise, struggle mightily with guys who are righted quite well. This year my worst-best player is Kemba Walker. I CANNOT hit a shot with him. Not a mid-range, not a 3, not a catch-n-shoot 3, nothing. Aside from layups, he can't score (I won MVP with Kyrie last year, so it's not a PG thing).

My best-worst player is probably Grant Williams. Through part of my season he is averaging 12 points, 3 assists, 5 rebounds and he's only playing part-time off the bench.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best-Worst and Worst-Best Players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
Always find it interesting on games that I can sometimes tear it up with guys who are lowly rated, and likewise, struggle mightily with guys who are righted quite well. This year my worst-best player is Kemba Walker. I CANNOT hit a shot with him. Not a mid-range, not a 3, not a catch-n-shoot 3, nothing. Aside from layups, he can't score (I won MVP with Kyrie last year, so it's not a PG thing).

My best-worst player is probably Grant Williams. Through part of my season he is averaging 12 points, 3 assists, 5 rebounds and he's only playing part-time off the bench.

Been the same way for me when playing with Walker for a while now. I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6

Back in the older 2K's and Live's, this topic was something else.

Top dominant players in old Live/2K games

1. Alonzo Gee - He literally dunked everything, on everyone. He also smoked three's with ease. You could easily average 50+ a game with Gee

2. Hasheem Thabeet - The games never really figured out how to accurately factor in height, especially players of Thabeets height. If you ever wanted a guy who could give you a 40 point, 30 rebound, 10 block game while shooting around 80% from the floor, Thabeet was your guy.

3. Ansu Sesay - Did you know that Ansu Sesay was short for Julius Erving? He was incredibly dominant going to the hoop (Like Gee)

4. Dan Dickau - My brother scored 100 points in a half with him on Superstar (Live 04 I believe). So yeah.

5. Etan Thomas - Would dunk everything under the hoop, and even crashed 2K12 with one of his dunks, making it so it would never play right again (Could never get past the 3rd quarter in any game, we had to buy a new one)

For 2K20? I would say that Tatum feels more dominant than he should be. Shaq in real life was a complete beast, but he is INCREDIBLY overpowering in this game.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #4
Rookie

BigChillin's Arena

I play with the Thunder usually, and Nerlens Noel always seems to go off for me in 2k19 and 2k20. Especially when it comes to rebounding. He seems to just grab everything.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #5
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Rockets I’ll start Thabo Sefolosha over Gordon fair amount of time because Thabo has a money release and I just can’t get Gordon’s down . Especially when people double Harden or Brodie I’ll green his shot easily if wide open. Early days of 2k Jr Smith and Gerald Green are historic mediocre players who were godly in 2k.

Hawks I like running in cuz I feel like one of the above average guys goes off every other game. One time it’s Huerter next game Reddish goes off and next it’s Len.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

I wouldn't say "best worst" or "worst best" but here is who I've found playing way too well and playing down.

1. Luka Doncic. 2k has superpowered some stars IMO to appeal to casuals and Doncic isn't even an elite player yet, but he has an elite Q rating with fans.

2. Kyle Kuzma. Guy shot 32% on open 3's last year IRL. He' dropping 35 on me and racing down the court faster than Dejounte Murray

3. Jalen Brunson: I couldn't keep this guy out of the lane. And his usage was way too high. He continually fell into the CPU "hero ball" style that happens some times when you KNOW that player is going to hold onto the that ball and keep trying to get to the rim until he scores, gets fouled or you block the shot.

4. Malik Monk: He's on my expansion team and super quick and finishes very well. League average 3 point shooter but that's ok with the drive game. Also currently 50/50 on FTs in the season. I only play him 18-20 minutes a game because he's not strong defensively, but he's top 10 in the league in scoring on a per 36 minute basis.

Underperforming:

1. Kristap Porzingis: Shot only 7 times. Very disengaged. His sim stats are good (22ppg 10reb) but in game he was a non factor as Doncic dominated the ball. Didn't take advantage of his size on Marcus Morris, Ilyasova, or Slo-Mo.

2. Sabonis: Played the Pacers twice, and in both cases he was very disengaged.

3. Zack LaVine: Brick after brick after brick. Unless he's in transition he finished poorly at the rim and his outside shot was MIA
Old 10-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Second Jalen Brunson. Man is a killer on this game, CPU or Human

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »