Home

Small Changes Would Make the NBA 2K20 Uniform Editor Much Better

This is a discussion on Small Changes Would Make the NBA 2K20 Uniform Editor Much Better within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Small Changes Would Make the NBA 2K20 Uniform Editor Much Better

Until the NBA season starts and all the MyLeague bugs get sorted out (we're getting there...

Written By: Chris Huber

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
This is an aspect of the game I'm truly passionate about, so I figure I bring my own list.

City Selection:
I'd like to see this updated with more selections, namely going South of the Border into Mexico, among other places to relocate a team. I'd also like this to become meaningful commentary material. It could be something that's brought up on occasion if you decide to relocate a team. Would love to see the fans react realistically to your decision as well, regardless if they love it or hate it.

Team Branding:
I agree with needing the additions of having RGB values and a colorpicker tool being used to be more accurate and less time-consuming. So the one thing in this section I'd want would be an audio name selection. It's annoying to want to edit existing NBA teams, only to realize, moving forward, that they will no longer recognize the team by their nicknames.

Arena/Court Editing:

Arena Type:
It needs to expand beyond the current selection of 12. I'd like to see all 30 NBA arenas be available for use, but all of them scrubbed away of any NBA branding on the inside. In addition to that, add more generic areans that would range between small venues, mid-size venues, and large, professional venues.

Jumbotron:
The same concept stated in arena type applies here. A marked improvement would be to have more options to choose what's shown on the jumbotron itself. And you should be able to have a separate display package for the ribbon boards in the arena.

Scores Table:
Need more than just the 5 options we've had; more choices between the digital and more traditional scores table types. There needs to be an option to have selections separate from the table and the ads that you can place on the frame of the stanchion.

Basket/Stanchion:
Should be time to allow logo placement onto the stanchion padding to replicate what's seen in actual NBA arenas. There's no reason we shoudn't have more options for this either; we need to be able to choose different types of baskets that range between the timeframe of the 60s uo to what's current, and the same should apply for the shot clocks.

Seating:
I haven't put much thought into this, but I will give the option of changing the styles of the seats themselves, and aesthetically, have the option to do patterns on the seats. (See NHL 19's Create a Team. Pretty deep, immersive feature in their game)

Arena Sounds:
Bring back the ability to upload your own sounds. That would be an easier way to replicate what's actually heard across the league's arenas.

Court Editing:
*I agree with what most of what Chris stated in his article, but I'd add more hardwood pattern types, as well as more hardwood stains. The current selection between Very Light and Very Dark could stand to be expanded and more appropriately accurate. (see NBA Live 19's court creator)

Uniform Editing:
Once again, I agree with most of what was said, but the fonts, number colors, and accessory colors stick out most to me. It's time that the name on back and jersey numbers color issue gets addressed. There's no reason I should have to seek out a different color to resemble what's on the rest of the uniform when the values should just match (RGB values would help here too). More/new fonts are long overdue, and it's time to be able to add or subtract outlines for the numbers and name on back; it would help more fonts be usable and allow for more congruence between your font and jersey design. And to the accessory colors, what's weird is you can choose the sock color for your custom alternate uniform, but not your home and road customs. And for the accessory selection, it should be your top 3 colors found in team branding, and have white and black on standby in all the selections. Another thing to note, would be to allow the Nike/NBA branding to remain on the socks. I'm sure that can be updated, as opposed to just having plain socks.*
Old 10-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
One idea that would help the issue with the number of image slots they allow, would be to have the Nike symbol be a default on the shorts and jerseys. Nike makes the NBA uniforms and the placement of the Swoosh is the same on every team's uniforms. So 2K could have the Swoosh be the default and you can toggle it on or off, in a similar fashion you can toggle the jersey number to appear on the shorts or not. They could do the same thing with the NBA logo as well. This way creators wouldn't have to use up slots for the Swoosh and the NBA logo. If going for an authentic look, that's at least 4 slots for the branding and NBA logo.

Last edited by phenom2311; 10-05-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Small Changes Would Make the NBA 2K20 Uniform Editor Much Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Until the NBA season starts and all the MyLeague bugs get sorted out (we're getting there...

Written By: Chris Huber

Click here to view the article.
Can you please push to have a patch where we can manually choose our accessory color and sock color for created uniforms, sucks to not have white and black as automated sock color options when creating road jerseys for 90s teams
Old 10-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

I wholeheartedly agree with this article and this should be sent over to the 2K developers. The MyLeague customization has gotten dull and hardly anything has changed since NBA 2K16. However, I personally think that the color wheel needs to be removed and replaced with an RGB/HTML color slider. It is a tedious process to fidget around the color wheel just to find an exact match that a user is looking for. Implementing an RGB or HTML color slider would save time and allow for creators to enter an exact color code value in seconds. Outside of the uniform editor, I would like to be able to place additional team logos and slogans on the court in the arena editor. At the moment, we can only place arena name logos and we cannot upload our own logos on the baseline, stanchion, nor underneath the basket. For instance, the baseline and basket logos are only in text. Plus, the center court logo is stuck at a 1:1 ratio and you cannot vertically nor horizontally adjust the image.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

studdley_'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia
Hey guys, try downloading Doubles. It’s a new App that lets you predict results of your favorite live sports events while staying connected with the people you care about most. You can make Picks, Chat and Compare Results.

Here is a link to download the app: https://doubl.es/qVfGwuh0u0
**** off

cheers
Old 10-06-2019, 09:53 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

I would include the ability to add a commemorative patch either as a square, rectangle or circle with with the option of making it a certain color, having a designed background or custom image, include letters, numbers and an option to have it inside or all over the shoulder.

Spoiler
Old 10-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Aligning the jersey stripes, names, and numbers is the most frustrating part of the process,
After that, mismatched jersey number colors. Just why. Why?*
Next, taking up a slot for the NBA and Nike logos, and having to guess at their exact placement. This should be a simple OFF/LEFT/RIGHT/CUSTOM option for the front jersey and front of shorts, and a similar ON/OFF for the back of the jersey
Changing default accessory colors would be huge. Shoes and socks especially. If I want all of my players in bright teal shoes with yellow socks, then dang it, let me do it.*
I don't think that moving the uni creator online would be helpful, and would probably make it inaccessible to most casual creators.* But having the ability to create a full uni online and import it might be cool!*

Nice article man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »